The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo: Trade with Toronto or Chicago?

allkill326

No if we're trading Schneider it's for a #1 centre potential like Johansen, those guys are almost impossible to get and we need one to replace the Sedins in a few seasons so now would be a good time to start developing that player to take over. We're one of the front runners for Schultz and I think there's a very good chance Weber is a Canucks by next offseason.

Sorry bro, but I disagree on this one. Sure Lu has made some timely saves like the one on Sharp, but if not for his screw ups, there wouldn't have even been a game 7. It was supposed to be done in 4 or 5, but he s*** the bed in both those games. Even in the Boston series, he messed up all the games in Boston. You can't use the excuse, "but he did this in game x". Sorry, that doesn't work in the SCP. Your goalie has to be consistent throughout the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Like Quick and Thomas were when they won the cup. Luongos time here is done.

Neither of these options is acceptable to me as a Canucks fan. Any other outcome is preferable to seeing Luongo or Schneider on the Leafs or Hawks (or Calgary if anyone was saying that). Whatever Gillis' other options, they should come before trading Lu to Toronto, for sure. The Toronto media press in favour of a Luongo-for-spare-parts deal is so powerful right now, that alone should tell you it's a terrible idea. A blind deaf and dumb man could see, hear and tell you where all this talk is coming from and who's directing it. It's nowhere near the west coast, that's for sure. Vancouver is not the place that stands to reap an advantage from any such deal.

Luongo to the Leafs? Sure, for Schenn, Kadri, Toronto's 1st this year and the next. Also Burke shines Gillis' shoes at the podium on draft day, that's a good starting point!

Oh for crying out loud!

Luongo wasn't playing in game 6 vs Chicago...The Canucks should have won in 6 because Luongo wasn't playing, right? Nope.

Was Luongo the only one to crap the bed in Boston? Nope.

LOL, Thomas consistent in the 2011 playoffs? Did you watch the TB vs Boston series?

To sum this up, EVERYONE ON THE CANUCKS SH*T THEMSELVES! I just hope one day, people like you will understand this.

Dude...wow

really? really? the only reason he had to make that save was because he crapped the bed in the series and let Chi back in...

WAKE THE F UP MAN!!!!

HE IS GETTING TRADED FOR A REASON!!! NOT JUST BECAUSE RANDOM FANS ON A BLOG THINK SCHNIEDER IS BETTER

PEOPLE SMARTER ABOUT HOCKEY THAN YOU OR I HAVE DECIDED IT

OK ? OK?

WE ALL APPRECIATE WHAT LOU HAS DONE FOR THIS TEAM AND CITY - HOWEVER, THE KID WHO PLAYED GAMES 3 4 5 IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST SEASON IS NOW THE STARTER FOR A REASON

LET ...............IT.................GO

Dude...wow

really? really? the only reason he had to make that save was because he crapped the bed in the series and let Chi back in...

WAKE THE F UP MAN!!!!

HE IS GETTING TRADED FOR A RJEASON!!! NOT JUST BECAUSE RANDOM FANS ON A BLOG THINK SCHNIEDER IS BETTER

OK ? OK?

WE ALL APPRECIATE WHAT LOU HAS DONE FOR THIS TEAM AND CITY - HOWEVER, THE KID WHO PLAYED GAMES 3 4 5 IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST SEASON IS NOW THE STARTER FOR A REASON

Dude...wow

WAKE THE F UP MAN!!!!

HE IS GETTING TRADED FOR A REASON!!! NOT JUST BECAUSE RANDOM FANS ON A BLOG THINK SCHNIEDER IS BETTER

OK ? OK?

So. Keep a goalie whose playoff record is 1-3? Over a goalie whose playoff record is 32-29?

Sounds like good logic.

Do I think Schneider will be a excellent goalie. Playing 30 games. Maybe. Playing 60 games who knows?

Everyone talks about the pressure getting to Luongo in big games. How do you feel about playing infront of a goalie that has never won a playoff game in his professional career (AHL or NHL) that has gone to overtime? Seems to handle that pressure well.

Realistic trade:

Luongo

Raymond

for

Bickell

Crawford

2nd round pick (48th overall)

We won't get much back because of Cap issues but Bickell would be the size we need, and Crawford would really help our team with Schneider being in his first full year of the Starter Position, I could see Crawford playing around 30-35, with Schneider carrying most of the load with 50-55 games. Bickell adds some much needed size to our lineup (6'4) a great power foward, that knows what he's doing and could by great on any line, and a perfect guy to sit in the front of the net on the PP.

48th pick is pretty good too, can pick up a guy that has a tonne of potential (perhaps Damon Severson)

For Toronto I could see this happening:

Trade 1:

Gardiner

2nd round pick (35th)

(Perhaps rights to Gustavsson)

or

Luongo

Raymond

With Gardiner coming, we also have a chance to get Schultz. This then gives us the chance to unload Ballard and gun for Weber/Suter.

Trade 2:

Komisarek

2nd round pick (35th)

for

Luongo

I know it looks like it sucks, but we get to pick up a draft pick that is 1st round potential, perhaps a guy that is projected to be in the 1st round (Scissons, Severson, Maidens, Schmaltz).

Gustavsson can play 25-30 games and Schneider with the rest. Not to bad IMO

Oh for crying out loud!

Luongo wasn't playing in game 6 vs Chicago...The Canucks should have won in 6 because Luongo wasn't playing, right? Nope.

Was Luongo the only one to crap the bed in Boston? Nope.

LOL, Thomas consistent in the 2011 playoffs? Did you watch the TB vs Boston series?

To sum this up, EVERYONE ON THE CANUCKS SH*T THEMSELVES! I just hope one day, people like you will understand this.

Dude...wow

WAKE THE F UP MAN!!!!

OK ? OK?

For Toronto I could see this happening:

Trade 1:

Gardiner

2nd round pick (35th)

or

Luongo

Raymond

With Gardiner coming, we also have a chance to get Schultz. This then gives us the chance to unload Ballard and gun for Weber/Suter.

Trade 2:

Komisarek

2nd round pick (35th)

for

Luongo

I know it looks like it sucks, but we get to pick up a draft pick that is 1st round potential, perhaps a guy that is projected to be in the 1st round (Scissons, Severson, Maidens, Schmaltz).

Gustavsson can play 25-30 games and Schneider with the rest. Not to bad IMO

Some Twitter guy @incarceratedbob just sent this out...

Incarcerated Bob@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Leafs & Canucks are this close 2completing deal (Med Reports Left)that would send Luongo to Leafs 98% Done WOW!

Of course it is not something you could consider a solid source (and not worthy of being put in the rumours section). But it would be interesting.

Leafs fans would flip out if Gardiner was part of the package... yet I don't see Vancouver needing him for anything except an asset to move in another trade.

Some Twitter guy @incarceratedbob just sent this out...

Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Leafs & Canucks are this close 2completing deal (Med Reports Left)that would send Luongo to Leafs 98% Done WOW!

Of course it is not something you could consider a solid source (and not worthy of being put in the rumours section). But it would be interesting.

Leafs fans would flip out if Gardiner was part of the package... yet I don't see Vancouver needing him for anything except an asset to move in another trade.

Archived