Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super_Canuck

Trade Schneider, not Lu

Who would you rather trade?   169 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather trade?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

196 posts in this topic

I would prefer a Canucks drafted goalie, and one that was developed by the organization.

I'd support trading Schneider just to troll a bunch of whiny Canucks "fans".

No, this does not include everyone who wants to trade Luongo.

I prefer the trade that will actually make us a better team and not just for the sake of getting rid of someone. If trading Lu can make us a bit better by what it brings back, trade him. On the other hand, there are teams that will sell the farm to get Schneider. We could land a potent offensive player for Cory. Go all in and win a damn cup.

Schneider is like Burrows, the Sedins, Bieksa, Edler, Kesler, Hansen, Raymond, Tanev... Canuck from day 1.

I prefer the trade that will actually make us a better team and not just for the sake of getting rid of someone. If trading Lu can make us a bit better by what it brings back, trade him. On the other hand, there are teams that will sell the farm to get Schneider. We could land a potent offensive player for Cory. Go all in and win a damn cup.

You mean all of those players that Luongo bailed out time and time again so that they could develop into solid players and not be shipped out (not including Raymond cuz he sucks and Tanev cuz he's pretty new)? If we didn't have stable goaltending while the sedins, etc. were maturing, I'm quite positive a lot of them would have been packing their bags.

Honest Question

Do you think the team is better with

A ) Schneider and average assets returned in a Luongo trade

or

B ) Luongo and a strong return on assets for Schneider.

We should be pretty impartial with which goalie we trade, and hope for the best possible return either way.

I would prefer a Canucks drafted goalie, and one that was developed by the organization.

*sigh* :picard: Schneider is the future, Luongo is not. If Schneider had started the series against LA, I guarantee the Canucks wouldn't be down three games to none, even though Luongo was one of the better players in the series, the Canucks don't play the same in front of Luongo as they do Schneider. They play with more confidence in front of Schneider.

An argument for them playing with less confidence in front of Schneider is they try to play better in front of him which could mean they have less trust in him bailing them out. On the other hand they play less solid in front of Luongo because they feel like he'll bail them out again and again.

Unless were getting names like Ryan,Nash,Couturier ... I suggest we keep the younger, better and home grown talent that we've developed for 8 friggin years.