The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Schneider, not Lu

Super_Canuck

Who would you rather trade?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*sigh* :picard: Schneider is the future, Luongo is not. If Schneider had started the series against LA, I guarantee the Canucks wouldn't be down three games to none, even though Luongo was one of the better players in the series, the Canucks don't play the same in front of Luongo as they do Schneider. They play with more confidence in front of Schneider.

Let's be honest here, I'm pretty sure we all know that Schneider would get us an amazing return.

For everyone talking about the future we need to realize that Schneider is 26, that means 4 stellar years and 2 decent years. Don't forget if Schneider is traded we still have Lack who is younger and has the makings of another Schneider.

Guest BuckFoston

Up until a few days ago I thought the already existing sea of threads on this subject would discourage people from starting more just to beat a dead horse some more. And once again someone proved me wrong.

They fell behind 3-0 after Schneider had started the 3rd game not Lu. Roberto left the series down 0-2. Is your memory that short? If they play with such confidence infront of Schneider, then why weren't they able to make a come back? The Canucks lost because they couldn't score. Would Schneider have helped in the goal scoring dept? He sure didn't in games 3, 4 and 5. They only scored 4 goals in those 3 games combined! That's not gonna get you any wins no matter how good the goalie is

That's also the reason they lost in the cup final last year 'cause they only scored 8 freakin goals in 7 games! That's only 17 goals in the last 12 playoff games

You mean all of those players that Luongo bailed out time and time again so that they could develop into solid players and not be shipped out (not including Raymond cuz he sucks and Tanev cuz he's pretty new)? If we didn't have stable goaltending while the sedins, etc. were maturing, I'm quite positive a lot of them would have been packing their bags.

Guest BuckFoston

I just wrote a 3 paragraph rant to this effect and then deleted it because I'm positive nothing, not even our sun going supernova, could stop the never ending enslaught of threads on this subject. I'm considering having my internet disconnected.

They fell behind 3-0 after Schneider had started the 3rd game not Lu. Roberto left the series down 0-2. Is your memory that short? If they play with such confidence infront of Schneider, then why weren't they able to make a come back? The Canucks lost because they couldn't score. Would Schneider have helped in the goal scoring dept? He sure didn't in games 3, 4 and 5. They only scored 4 goals in those 3 games combined! That's not gonna get you any wins no matter how good the goalie is

That's also the reason they lost in the cup final last year 'cause they only scored 8 freakin goals in 7 games! That's only 17 goals in the last 12 playoff games

Archived