Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Trade Schneider, not Lu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
195 replies to this topic

Poll: Who would you rather trade? (169 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you rather trade?

1. Luongo (103 votes [60.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.95%

2. Schneider (66 votes [39.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

Schneider won't get what you guys think. his return would be significantly less than Lu who is a proven goalie and a cup finalist. Schneider won't get us the elite forward that Lu can.

/thread

Edited by mbal23, 20 June 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#62 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

I'm not saying Luo won't be traded. I'm not saying he will.

I'm stating facts that have been said by MANAGEMENT.

So I'm not to sure at to how I'm blind? Or how I'm lacking depth in thought.

You're welcome.

You're blind if you truly believe MG is just not doing his best to create pressure on the few bidders (Toronto and Fla) for Luongo. Schnieder is not going anywhere.

1. Lou effectively asked for a trade
2. A competitor doesn't just roll over after being usurped by his backup but it took all of three games to effectively ask for a trade (you can start an argument over semantics all you like, the whole world knows what he was saying thus all of this all over the sports news. If it wasn't a request well again blind).
3. This is ignoring the fact the Schnieder has proven he is capable of being a number one and is clearly a better goalie NOW then Lou is Now. Therefore you go with the cheaper alternative.
4 You do not play a BACKUP in elimination games. If there is no stronger signal to the entire NHL and viewing public as to whom your number one goalie is going forward I don't know what is.

you are blind.

#63 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Thanks to lackluster D, and fans like you.
I'm sure Luongo couldn't muster up the mentality to win the Cup, then.

:Lol yes poor lou doesn't play well because I made a crisitism of his play on canucks.com. Shall we get him a bib, some warm milk and a soother.

wow he has some mental strength

Schnieder plays behind the same defence.

Are you for real?

did you really just state that Lou doesn't have the mental strength to win the cup because of

1. Fans?
2. Playing behind the same defense as a goalie who has much better statistics than him NOW??

REALLY? YOU ARE SAYING HE CAN'T WIN HERE BECAUSE PEOPLE SAY HE DOESN'T HAVE MENTAL STRENGTH?

SO IF I GO TO WORK AND SOME GUY CALLS ME A NAME, DOES THAT MEAN I CAN GO TO MY BOSS AND SAY IM SAD AND I CAN'T WORK FOR MY 6 MILLION BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE CALLING ME NAMES...

and now i have an owwwy....

OMFG

Edited by ABurrows14, 20 June 2012 - 11:39 PM.

#64 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,705 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

LA Games 3,4,5

END OF DISCUSSION

UNLESS YOU ARE SMARTER THAN AV AND THE CANUCKS MANAGEMENT

BINGO BONGO BYE BYE BYE LUONGO

Everybody knows that using caps lock makes people hear you better.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#65 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

Everybody knows that using caps lock makes people hear you better.

no one can hear on this site..its text..

just a fyi for future reference.

#66 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,705 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

no one can hear on this site..its text..

just a fyi for future reference.

The fact that you use caps on almost every post made me believe otherwise...

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#67 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

The fact that you use caps on almost every post made me believe otherwise...

sorry did you say something, i can't hear you?

#68 Fastmack

Fastmack

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

So... just to recap your point, at first you say " The trade market doesn't seem to be too hot for Lu because of his hefty contract" and that GMs are trying to lowball us because of that.

And then you go on to argue that "His cap hit is not all that bad, especially considering where the cap is nowadays." and also "Most goalies of his caliber make the same or more."

So... I'm confused.
"I can't wait to see what Gillis does with our back end! "

Frazzy - May 2010.

#69 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

Apparently 60% of people here don't know anything about hockey.

#70 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

If given the choice of a goalie who is equal to or better now and the other will decline, you always keep him (assuming he likes playing for the team).

The only reason you trade Schneider away now is if you think Lu is better now, and/or Schneider will not improve.

#71 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

I only think we should trade Schnieder cause it two or three years when Luongo is done if he's done lack can take the rains but if we have Schnieder he'll have te
He rains for the next ten years and lack or cannata are screwed

#72 dura_mater

dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

I would prefer a Canucks drafted goalie, and one that was developed by the organization.

Why?
"BoKnows53"
My stinky team isn't on top of the Standings anymore Waah waaahh, fire everyone because I say so

- New Era Canucks Fans

#73 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,196 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

For all those of you who want to trade Luongo...

1) Schneider would fetch us a bigger return because he has more potential
2) Luongo is in his prime right now, Schneider is still a few years off
3) Luongo is more playoff-ready than Schneider who has minimal PLAYOFF experience
4) Schneider has never played a full NHL season, we have no idea how he'll do with 60-70 games
5) Luongo is a big-game performer, Schneider has no track record at all

The Canucks have a better chance during the playoffs with Luongo in net, face it.
Posted Image

#74 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

3) Luongo is more playoff-ready than Schneider who has minimal PLAYOFF experience
4) Schneider has never played a full NHL season, we have no idea how he'll do with 60-70 games

The Canucks have a better chance during the playoffs with Luongo in net, face it.

Statisticaly speaking Luongo had his best playoff performance during his first trip to the playoffs.

Your argument is week, pre-playoff experience has no Merritt with goalies IMO
Dryden, Belfour, Roy, Halak, Holtby the list goes on.

He was the only reason the Moose went to the Calder cup in 08-09, That team really sucked at scoring goals.

How can you say Cory is not as good as luongo in the playoffs? How do you know this?

This year IMO Cory>Luo

Edited by Noheart, 21 June 2012 - 05:49 AM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#75 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

<p>

<br />
Schnieder has proven he is capable of being a number one

<br />
<br />
</p>

No, he hasn't. He hasn't proven anything yet. Not to say he doesn't have potential. But he hasn't proven anything except that he's a great backup.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#76 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

<p><br />
<br />
</p>

No, he hasn't. He hasn't proven anything yet. Not to say he doesn't have potential. But he hasn't proven anything except that he's a great backup.

And Luongo has proven he is a great northwest division champion
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#77 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

ok go cry to gillis when he trades him (lou) and explain why AV and Gillis know less than you.

for now, all ...just shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

#78 Cup2013?

Cup2013?

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

This. Plus one for you.

#79 Cup2013?

Cup2013?

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

ok go cry to gillis when he trades him (lou) and explain why AV and Gillis know less than you.

for now, all ...just shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Again another retarded sounding post.

We are not saying Luongo isn't being traded. We are saying we don't know, no one knows. No one can be 100% certain.

We have said ye Canucks should move the player that can give them the better return.

Will we cry if and when Luongo is traded? No. We knew there was a possibility of it happening

All your arguing is quite point less.

You have clearly made up your mind that you 100% without a doubt know that MG will trade him. (even though MG himself hasnt said it will happen).

You sir, to put it in your own words are 'blind' to the fact that Luo may in fact not be traded. (possible yes, improbable also yes)

#80 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

I wish Luongo played Game 5 against LA, the outcome could have been different.

I do to, he would have let in six and even the Lou fans would think his time is done.

#81 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

You rage because you don't understand the novelty of making a redundant thread on the internet. It makes them feel thpeshul. Negative attention is still attention... they are the the Kardashians of CDC.

Oh this is relevent....let's trash other CDCers (who just happen to be Canuck fans just like you). I am personally tired of all the attacks on posters who want to have their say. Posts like your babble is redundant and a waste of space.
The last thing that I want to read on here is a zillion posts complaining about posts. Bloody well grow up CDC!
And please bring back the 'minus' key....it is a better way to respond negatively than all these posts like this one.
By the way, this is not aimed specifically at you, just all the posts of this nature that really make it difficult to have a hockey discussion.

Edited by bluesman60, 21 June 2012 - 07:57 AM.

#82 5nothincanucksohno

5nothincanucksohno

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

If Edm doesn't pick Murray then I say you trade Schneids for CBJ's 1st and 2nd round picks (and plus if Gillis can get it). Murray can step right in and we add another 2nd rounder in a deep draft.

#83 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Again another retarded sounding post.

We are not saying Luongo isn't being traded. We are saying we don't know, no one knows. No one can be 100% certain.

We have said ye Canucks should move the player that can give them the better return.

Will we cry if and when Luongo is traded? No. We knew there was a possibility of it happening

All your arguing is quite point less.

You have clearly made up your mind that you 100% without a doubt know that MG will trade him. (even though MG himself hasnt said it will happen).

You sir, to put it in your own words are 'blind' to the fact that Luo may in fact not be traded. (possible yes, improbable also yes)

I do know he's going to Trade Lou because I am not ignorant to reality. I am not going to state for the 50th time why this is the case but if you have no ability to read nuances, and not even nuances in other peoples actions about their intentions, well then I feel sorry for you.

On thing you should learn about human beings is they don't often come right out and state what they are going to do, they often hide their cards a bit. Unfortunately, in MG's and Lou's case, the cards have been shown and they are trying very hard to pretend they haven't. You sir want to ignore this fact, this is fine but it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

I am learning something quite interesting about human psychology on this site. Its called confirmation bias

Look it up son, thats what many of you have on here, that plus denial.

#84 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

Yes thats why Schnieder was played games 3 4 5

Makes sense...

No one is arguing Lou wasn't a terrific goalie, just that Schnieds is now better. Accept it and move on. The organization has.

#85 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

Keep saying all these things...pretty soon even you will begin to believe this drivel !!

#86 woodywoodman

woodywoodman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Can't believe people are so quick to want to trade away the best goalie this city has ever seen.

Careful what you wish for.

Thanks Roberto for your harwork and contribution to our Canucks.

#87 NLluvitorleaveit

NLluvitorleaveit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

Wait and see who is traded and I will remind you of your blindness and lack of depth of thought when it happens. It is blatantly clear which goaltender is being traded. You lou lovers are like a girlfriend who's been cheated on ten times, seen it 6 times and still won't admit your bf is a douche. Lol...

Thanks

Posted Image

Posted Image

#88 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

An argument for them playing with less confidence in front of Schneider is they try to play better in front of him which could mean they have less trust in him bailing them out. On the other hand they play less solid in front of Luongo because they feel like he'll bail them out again and again.

The rationalization goes on and on and on. It isn't the team that plays better in front of the goalie, it's that the goalie is better behind the team - that makes the team LOOK better.

#89 Cup2013?

Cup2013?

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

Yes thats why Schnieder was played games 3 4 5

Makes sense...

No one is arguing Lou wasn't a terrific goalie, just that Schnieds is now better. Accept it and move on. The organization has.

The organization hasn't accept anything other than the fact that they have a great goalie and one that could infact become a great goalie.

Here's the facts.

Luongo is under contract. Has said he would waive his NTC if it's right for the team. (not asking for a trade, but showing he's a team player).

Gillis has said he wants to make it work with both (we all know that is highly unlikely). He had also said he will make a hockey trade. Not a salary dump. Because he DOES NOT NEED to trade either of his goalies. (his words not mine).

Schneider has not proven anything yet. 30 games does not mean you will be the same if you play 60-70 games. The only way to tell of Schneider is better would be to see him play a starter roll. (something you seem to be so blind to).

Again. As I have stated before (which you never seem to be able to read and comprehend), we are not saying that Luongo will not or should not be traded. We are just waiting to see what plays out. Gillis has always been one to do something that nobody expects. Which in this case would be trading Schneider (again not saying he will).

But I probably wasted my time with this as you will probably just come back with, "LUONGO WILL BE TRADED. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. WHY WOULD SCHNEIDER HAVE PLAYED GAMES 3,4,5 OF LA SERIES?! BINGO BONGO BYE BYE LUONGO."

So when you can come up with a better arguement as to why you are 100% positive Luo will be moved. Just, and I quote you, shhhhh.....

#90 mabbott

mabbott

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

In complete honesty, Luongo is the one who should go.

Schneider is far younger, and this team needs a change. A big one at that. Seeing as Management, coaching staff, and the sedins/kes/bieksa are here to stay for the long haul, its only a matter of time before everyone choses the one who must go...

and unfortunately, it is Roberto Luongo. We should all appreciate what he's done for this organization- but it is time for a new era.

glad ur being completely honest

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.