The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Schneider, not Lu

Super_Canuck

Who would you rather trade?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Again another retarded sounding post.

We are not saying Luongo isn't being traded. We are saying we don't know, no one knows. No one can be 100% certain.

We have said ye Canucks should move the player that can give them the better return.

Will we cry if and when Luongo is traded? No. We knew there was a possibility of it happening

All your arguing is quite point less.

You have clearly made up your mind that you 100% without a doubt know that MG will trade him. (even though MG himself hasnt said it will happen).

You sir, to put it in your own words are 'blind' to the fact that Luo may in fact not be traded. (possible yes, improbable also yes)

For all those of you who want to trade Luongo...

1) Schneider would fetch us a bigger return because he has more potential

2) Luongo is in his prime right now, Schneider is still a few years off

3) Luongo is more playoff-ready than Schneider who has minimal PLAYOFF experience

4) Schneider has never played a full NHL season, we have no idea how he'll do with 60-70 games

5) Luongo is a big-game performer, Schneider has no track record at all

The Canucks have a better chance during the playoffs with Luongo in net, face it.

For all those of you who want to trade Luongo...

1) Schneider would fetch us a bigger return because he has more potential

2) Luongo is in his prime right now, Schneider is still a few years off

3) Luongo is more playoff-ready than Schneider who has minimal PLAYOFF experience

4) Schneider has never played a full NHL season, we have no idea how he'll do with 60-70 games

5) Luongo is a big-game performer, Schneider has no track record at all

The Canucks have a better chance during the playoffs with Luongo in net, face it.

Wait and see who is traded and I will remind you of your blindness and lack of depth of thought when it happens. It is blatantly clear which goaltender is being traded. You lou lovers are like a girlfriend who's been cheated on ten times, seen it 6 times and still won't admit your bf is a douche. Lol...

Thanks

An argument for them playing with less confidence in front of Schneider is they try to play better in front of him which could mean they have less trust in him bailing them out. On the other hand they play less solid in front of Luongo because they feel like he'll bail them out again and again.

In complete honesty, Luongo is the one who should go.

Schneider is far younger, and this team needs a change. A big one at that. Seeing as Management, coaching staff, and the sedins/kes/bieksa are here to stay for the long haul, its only a matter of time before everyone choses the one who must go...

and unfortunately, it is Roberto Luongo. We should all appreciate what he's done for this organization- but it is time for a new era.

The organization hasn't accept anything other than the fact that they have a great goalie and one that could infact become a great goalie.

Here's the facts.

Luongo is under contract. Has said he would waive his NTC if it's right for the team. (not asking for a trade, but showing he's a team player).

Gillis has said he wants to make it work with both (we all know that is highly unlikely). He had also said he will make a hockey trade. Not a salary dump. Because he DOES NOT NEED to trade either of his goalies. (his words not mine).

Schneider has not proven anything yet. 30 games does not mean you will be the same if you play 60-70 games. The only way to tell of Schneider is better would be to see him play a starter roll. (something you seem to be so blind to).

Again. As I have stated before (which you never seem to be able to read and comprehend), we are not saying that Luongo will not or should not be traded. We are just waiting to see what plays out. Gillis has always been one to do something that nobody expects. Which in this case would be trading Schneider (again not saying he will).

But I probably wasted my time with this as you will probably just come back with, "LUONGO WILL BE TRADED. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. WHY WOULD SCHNEIDER HAVE PLAYED GAMES 3,4,5 OF LA SERIES?! BINGO BONGO BYE BYE LUONGO."

So when you can come up with a better arguement as to why you are 100% positive Luo will be moved. Just, and I quote you, shhhhh.....

They fell behind 3-0 after Schneider had started the 3rd game not Lu. Roberto left the series down 0-2. Is your memory that short? If they play with such confidence infront of Schneider, then why weren't they able to make a come back? The Canucks lost because they couldn't score. Would Schneider have helped in the goal scoring dept? He sure didn't in games 3, 4 and 5. They only scored 4 goals in those 3 games combined! That's not gonna get you any wins no matter how good the goalie is

That's also the reason they lost in the cup final last year 'cause they only scored 8 freakin goals in 7 games! That's only 17 goals in the last 12 playoff games

If you read my posts you will see my arguments, I am tired and drained from debating a point which is clear as day to people without blinders on.

Simply the organization has made a choice as to whom their number one goalie is.

If you need to cry, vent, whatever, go call up gillis and av and whine to them. No one here wants to hear it anymore

Suck it up man, Lou is being traded. Now what? You're sad because at 37 years old your hero is going? Want to post the same stuff over and over. Go ahead.

Be the adolescent, I'll let you get the last word, you can have it ok?

But you know what, it doesn't change a thing, that Lou is going to be moved.

So be quiet and do something productive with yourself.

*sigh* :picard: Schneider is the future, Luongo is not. If Schneider had started the series against LA, I guarantee the Canucks wouldn't be down three games to none, even though Luongo was one of the better players in the series, the Canucks don't play the same in front of Luongo as they do Schneider. They play with more confidence in front of Schneider.

Archived