The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will One of the Canucks Goalies be Traded Tomorrow?

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As did injuries.

How exactly is one player gained in a trade going to change that? Obviously getting a goal scoring power forward would be great, but they aren't being handed out. 2 goals in the LA series could have changed it completely. Blame their goalie.

Why the heck would i blame their goalie? I blame the team I am supporting because they didnt score any goals. So the Canucks have an excuse "they're goalie was just too good?" Its the freakin NHL not Richmond minor hockey. And yeah like you said 2 goals would have changed the series, they couldn't even get 2...

I meant 2 goals total. Daniel scores on the breakaway in game 5 and that game is done. I just think you are being incredibly simplistic. A top 6 player doesn't guarantee a better PP. We were a dominant force in that area. Sometimes s*** happens and a team matches up well against you. It happens all the time to teams. The Kings this year rode the perfect wave of injury free hockey, great goaltending and great bottom 6 production. If you can trade for THAT, you are hired. BTW, the 4 teams ahead of us in scoring this year were all out early. The 29th ranked offensive team won the Cup against the 15th ranked. LA was 17th in PP, NJ was 15th. NJ was #1 in PK, then what?

How this team plays, not who, is far more important.

Point is 2 years in a row with having this great season offense and powerplay with the same core players, our pp and offense dried up. A big name foward like a Nash his capable of improving this team on his own. "Who" is on a team determines "how" a team plays. People think just by having Schnieder as the goalie and Luongo gone is improving the team when clearly its not. In the 3 games Schnieds played and how great he played, we should have won all 3 games hands down but didn't because of goal scoring and the pp.

Abortion rallies? :shock:

Oh, Boo, Hoo for Lou!

This was Lou who got lit up after nobody pumped his tires! This is Lou who would not sit on the team bench when Schneider started for him in game 6 in Chicago last year.

Think about how these things get in Lou's head, and you'll realize that when the going is really tough, he gets outplayed by guys in big games.

Hey, Lebron James just broke back out of his baby me attitude at, what, 28 and won a championship. At 33 is Lou ever?

Yes

Luongo

No I don't want him to go but one of them has to

Toronto even though that really doesn't make a lot of sense (there's a boat load of rumors so it's hard to ignore the fact he's probably going there)

And yes he has asked for a trade. I'd be surprised if he didn't give the way the pricks of this market have treated him basically since his arrival. Other players see this and it deters them from wanting to come to Vancouver. People think we can actually land Weber, or other big name FA's like that? LOL. Why would anyone like that want to come here with a similar status to that of Luongo only to be criticized just about every game regardless if you played well or not. Then you have the crybabies that whine about players social lives when they do such things as party, go hunting, or attend abortion rallies.

General consensus here is pretty disappointing.

Guys, trading Luongo away will be the biggest mistake in franchise history and will spell another dark era in the Canucks history. Mark my words - Luongo gives our team the best chance to have success in the playoffs, and without him we won't be winning a cup for at least another 3 to 5 seasons until Schneider has grown and gained the invaluable playoff experience that Luongo has acquired through all the ups and downs he's been through.

I feel trading Luongo will be one of those moments the Canucks fans and franchise looks back on as a turning point where everything started spiralling down, and you can quote me on it.

In a league without a cap hit I am sure that Nash would be a great addition. But at what cost do you add him? What do you expect of a sometimes lazy 30 goal scorer? Do you truly think we win the Cup with Nash last year and lose $7M in other players?

I disagree with your assessment that we should have won all 3. You seem to be discounting the fact that 2 teams were playing. We certainly COULD have, but it doesn't work that way. A healthy Kesler and a healthy Daniel and who knows.

Archived