The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's okay to beat up your classmates when.....

Magikal

Did I say that? Or are you attributing what somebody else said to me? Back up what you say with some evidence, jackass!

I may post the "world's smallest violin" pic after the announcement of a death from time to time, but that is reserved exclusively for those whom I feel really deserve it.

Here's my thought on the incident..

First of all, it's anybodies choice to donate whatever to whoever..

Second of all, I don't understand why people are getting worked up over the situation. Bullying happens all the time, why should the victim get compensation? People always say that money doesn't make you happy. So how is the money here going to be able to mend her heart? Don't give me that BS that she can finally retire and blah blah.. She was a bus driver for a reason, she is a bus monitor for a reason, she loves her job and students. Yes we're human and have feelings. But is it really going to ruin your world when someone starts insulting you? Get over it. Society, in my opinion, is just too soft nowadays. People see things like this and feel bad for this woman. That's natural. But to make it a big deal and have it be on the news, is pointless. There are worse things that happen in this world.

Third of all, I don't care if you're going to flame me. I will just think you're too soft.

But all in all, whatever. I've seen worse.

Did I say that? Or are you attributing what somebody else said to me? Back up what you say with some evidence, jackass!

I may post the "world's smallest violin" pic after the announcement of a death from time to time, but that is reserved exclusively for those whom I feel really deserve it.

Here's my thought on the incident..

First of all, it's anybodies choice to donate whatever to whoever..

Second of all, I don't understand why people are getting worked up over the situation. Bullying happens all the time, why should the victim get compensation? People always say that money doesn't make you happy. So how is the money here going to be able to mend her heart? Don't give me that BS that she can finally retire and blah blah.. She was a bus driver for a reason, she is a bus monitor for a reason, she loves her job and students. Yes we're human and have feelings. But is it really going to ruin your world when someone starts insulting you? Get over it. Society, in my opinion, is just too soft nowadays. People see things like this and feel bad for this woman. That's natural. But to make it a big deal and have it be on the news, is pointless. There are worse things that happen in this world.

Third of all, I don't care if you're going to flame me. I will just think you're too soft.

But all in all, whatever. I've seen worse.

I'll play devil's advocate here.

I feel truly sorry for her. It's bad enough she gets paid very little to do this job, but the fact that she, along with her family, are being made fun by stupid kids is sickening, especially when she's on that bus to make sure they get home safe.

It gives me faith in humanity that hundreds, if not thousands, of people have donated to help this woman out, but how many have done it just because this story has gone viral?

While I'm happy for Karen, it's sad to know somebody else may have been in the exact same situation and been a victim, but their story was never known because it wasn't videotaped or made viral on the internet. Where's the sympathy there and what does it come down to? "That's too bad, film it next time?"

Nevertheless, a person should never feel threatened by the people in their job and have to endure what she has.

Why are you so bothered by that? It's not coming out of your pocket. Other people wanted to donate something, no one made them. The whole idea was to raise just a couple of thousand dollars to give this lady a little vacation which I thought was an interesting and kind plan. No one set out to give her 300+ grand. People were free to stop when they saw that a few thousand was already raised, but chose to continue. I don't know how many people actually donated, but it would take 1 million people to donate as little as 25 cents to get the numbers this high. You are going to nag a person for giving someone 25 cents and say "you could have given that to starving children?" Really? I throw more than that in a homeless person's coffee cup. You are also assuming just because someone donated a couple of bucks to this lady they don't give any money to charity, don't take used items to Goodwill, or don't take items to food drives or volunteer. You ask so much of your fellow man, I do wonder how much you do for your community. You must be Jesus Christ himself.

Archived