The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's okay to beat up your classmates when.....

Magikal

That was tough to watch, kids can be really stupid. They think they're acting all tough by picking on an old lady but they don't realize what losers they really are. Hope they're embarassed by this and learn from it, if not now but later on when they are older and realize how stupid they were.

The real goal here should be straightening out those disrespectful children. That would definitely satisfy me if I was in Karen's shoes. I'm glad their parents have spoken out about their children's actions.

The donations which has hit over 500k is ridiculous. I think people believe that Karen goes through this crap every day and that's why they feel she "deserves" the vacation/retirement. Perhaps she enjoys her job, and this was an unfortunate event caught on camera.

Let's start giving everyone free vacations. Starting with this guy.

http://youtu.be/NVoIAgc7a2k

Words cannot describe how disgusted I am by this.

As sad as what happened to the Karen, this is far worse. Why is it that an elderly woman crying gets donations by thousands of people, but this is just swept under the rug?

I'm legitimately looking for an answer here. Why did the other bullying video garner so much attention but this is basically swept under the rug? Why is our society like that?

That was horrible, I couldn't watch it for more then a minute, if one of those kids were mine I would take them to a street corner downtown have them hold a sign up "I verbally abused that elderly bus monitor" and let every passer by say whatever they thought, call him whatever name they want. Then maybe he wouldn't ever think about acting that way again.

Fair punishment, but I am pretty sure there was more than four kids. I still think they need to look this woman in the eye and admit what they did was horrible and apologize to her, person to person.

The real goal here should be straightening out those disrespectful children. That would definitely satisfy me if I was in Karen's shoes. I'm glad their parents have spoken out about their children's actions.

The donations which has hit over 500k is ridiculous. I think people believe that Karen goes through this crap every day and that's why they feel she "deserves" the vacation/retirement. Perhaps she enjoys her job, and this was an unfortunate event caught on camera.

Let's start giving everyone free vacations. Starting with this guy.

http://youtu.be/NVoIAgc7a2k

I was appalled by the video and what it showed but a one-year suspension is absolutely ridiculous. I believe the school board was influenced to make such a harsh decision due to the focus this incident has received and would not have done so otherwise. The kids need to face consequences for their action but it serves no one to have them miss a year of school.

I was appalled by the video and what it showed but a one-year suspension is absolutely ridiculous. I believe the school board was influenced to make such a harsh decision due to the focus this incident has received and would not have done so otherwise. The kids need to face consequences for their action but it serves no one to have them miss a year of school.

Archived