The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's okay to beat up your classmates when.....

Magikal

I'm glad I was raised to treat people with respect. Even if you don't like them. Be the bigger man. At the same time, don't be some feline either, stand up for yourself.

From my own experience: One time I was doing my cardio on the school track at lunch time. A bunch of smart ass kids felt it was necessary to throw out derogatory remarks at me for absolutely no reason. I tried to ignore it the first couple times but the third time I stopped, walked over to them and told them that if I heard one more smart ass remark come out of their mouths, I'm going to send them crying home to mommy. I'm only a few years older than them anyway so it's not like a grown man would be wailing on highschool kids. The point is they shut their traps real quick. Sometimes you just have to lay the hammer down on these people and let them know it's not accepted.

And that's the problem with kids today and the internet in general I find. I see so many smart asses online it's disgusting to witness the disrespect and garbage that comes out of kids mouths. From Facebook and social media sites to regular ol' forums in general. And they know they can get away with this because it's cyber space and cyber space is rarely enforced. There's no consequences for your actions or what you say. It's widely teenagers for the most part and I think this video is evidence that such disrespect and 'I say whatever I want' mentality is starting to span over into real life. Seeing people like her being treated by a bunch of teenage smart asses annoys the hell out of me.

Sometimes you just need to lay the hammer down on these kids.

Anyone recall Fabrice Muamba? If not, he's an English soccer player who collapsed on the field a few months ago because of a heart problem, I think. He's fine now but some puke continually laughed on his twitter page about it and disrespecting Muamba. Long story short, this moron was prosecuted for such comments. I'd like to see more of this, personally.

That money could be used to feed starving children around the world.

Don't we have to live by the "sticks and stones..." principle?

If only we all could get $250,000 for everytime somebody made us cry.

Yes there are a million other tragedies in the world every day. But I think you are overlooking the amazing ability humans have to be compassionate when they see someone whom is defenceless being brutally attacked (verbally or physically).

Yes there are a million other tragedies in the world every day. But I think you are overlooking the amazing ability humans have to be compassionate when they see someone whom is defenceless being brutally attacked (verbally or physically). I think it's pretty awesome that a large group of the public were all able to chip in a buck or two to give this woman a well deserved rest. She worked as a bus driver for years, now as a monitor. She dedicated herself to ensuring these kids got to school safely every day.

Look to the positives in this situation, there is already enough negativity.

I bet these punk's parents were ever so proud to see their children in action.........

And not to start anything, but the hypocrisy being posted by some here in the thread is laughable.

That money could be used to feed starving children around the world.

Don't we have to live by the "sticks and stones..." principle?

If only we all could get $250,000 for everytime somebody made us cry.

It was a bus full of kids, no one individual would have the ability to keep them all in line if they all chose to simultaneously act out that way and gang up on her. I'd be willing to assume that had the individual been someone who was younger, that they might have responded with violence. I know I sure would have, and that is why I don't work with kids. This woman is a model of self restraint and we could all take 30 seconds and learn from her ability to stay calm in such a situation.

According to her job description she did all she could. She did not engage physically or verbally with the little pukes, she was able to report everything that happened on the bus to her superior and she is now waiting patiently for the 'system' to unleash justice on these trolls.

In a sense I agree with you. I feel that a bus monitor on the one hand needs to be authoritative enough to control kids with her voice, but on the other maybe this isn't a job that has many applicants with such qualities. This is just a really crappy situation that happens more often than we'd like to believe. Kids are pricks, that's really the crux of the issue.

Guest BuckFoston

For that one troll that keeps talking about provocation and feeding starving children, here's an idea - please explain to me what kind of behaviour on her part merits this kind of a response. Did she beat these kids? Did she sexually abuse them? Because short of that I see no reason for this lashing out. I had a mean teacher on more than one occasion, and a mean principal, and a mean co-worker. Does that mean I am allowed to chase them down after school/work and unleash this kind of tirade? I don't think so.

Also, just because there are starving children somewhere, does that mean I have to feel bad about my above average paycheck? This woman was getting 15 grand a year for this thankless job and now she may actually have enough money to retire and not live in total poverty. I consider that a good thing. I love the mentality of some people - hey, most of the world is poor so you should be poor too! I don't think so...

I also have a wonderful bullying story like this. Same thing happened to me on the bus when I was 13. Except for it was on the way to school and half way through I got pepper sprayed as well. No one stood up for me, no one bothered to alert the driver. No one gave a damn. So I got up and made the bus driver pull over. I requested a cell phone and called the police. After a very long day of statements and bookings those a-holes got suspended and had to switch schools, except no other school in the district wanted to take them after such a publicized fiasco so they had to move to a different city/state. No one dared to say another mean word after that. What did I do to deserve all that? Hmm, I spoke English with a bit of a Russian accent, was a "foreigner", dressed funny by American kid standards and had large glasses. Obviously, this kind of treatment was totally provoked by me. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, bullies are inherently weaker than anyone else when push comes to shove. I wish this woman was stronger, but if every single person out there was strong then bullying would seize to exist. One can hope though.

Archived