The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

What I can tell you is I just got a text from a FLA source saying "Heard earlier today
and
CLOSE on Luongo"

Putting the pieces of the puzzle together, I am understanding that the#Canucks and #FLAPanthers are close to striking a deal for Luongo.

Now this is far from being a done deal, as it is confirmed by only 1 NHL source. #Canucks But certainly interesting info.

Here is the big update^

I agree he seems to be saying one thing then another.If theres something to be said say it or don't even post cause we all could say that and when something is know could say told you so!!!People posting such things should be banned for 24 hours to make them say something or nothing cause they cant!

I love how every team in the NHL will pay out the a$$ for the players we don't want.

We are that good

You do realize that we can't get that much for guys like raymond, ballard, malhotra, maybe even Luongo. these guys played full time and earned half of their salary, and if we were that good we would've won, not saying we didn't do well but we failed when it counted. Not being a bitter party here but you need to realize that what we've done hasn't gotten us the cup and until it does we can't stake the claim that we're "that" good.

But I do get what you're saying, we definitely have the assets to make some teams drool. But lately I've been getting the feeling that our last option might actually be to trade the kid (Schneids) for someone instead of Luongo and his mouth for nothing.

I agree he seems to be saying one thing then another.If theres something to be said say it or don't even post cause we all could say that and when something is know could say told you so!!!People posting such things should be banned for 24 hours to make them say something or nothing cause they cant!

Without much movement recently in a potential Roberto Luongo trade, there’s been speculation the Canucks would insist Jose Theodore be part of the package if they consummate a trade with the Florida Panthers.

Theodore, on a one-year $1.5 million deal, is the type of veteran with experience as a starter the Canucks would love to back up Cory Schneider.

But Theodore has a no-trade clause, which lists 10 teams he can be dealt to without waiving it. The Canucks, ESPN reported, are not among the 10 teams on the list.

That doesn’t mean he won’t go to Vancouver. The Panthers could try and force his hand, by telling him if he refuses to waive it, he’d be No. 3 on their depth chart behind Luongo and Scott Clemmensen.

Theodore has worked with Vancouver goalie coach Rollie Melanson before, but there have been suggestions their relationship deteriorated over time in Montreal.

Earlier this year, in an interview with ingoalmag.com, Carey Price recalled a story where Melanson would tie a bungee cord to Theodore to force him to hold his glove up high.

Of course, Theodore is a different player than he was then. But he still doesn’t hold his glove high

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Theodore+could+part+trade+Luongo/6890868/story.html#ixzz1zoaLDLvN

Archived