The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Unless someone really steps up I think we're better to keep both. Lu and scneider can be rotated every game playoffs included

If need be. We just need to wait til a team really needs a starting goalie. Say what you want about Toronto needing luongo but Burke is right, Reimer and scrivens have both shown they can be adaquate when healthy. Toronto was primed to make the post season last year and their core is young. If JvR breaks out into an all star type player their team should be fine with decent goaltending. Same with Fla. Teams like Cbj, Anaheim, Washington, Chicago and Edmonton could all enter the mix by December if their starters struggle. If we add Doan our team is set for this year. I've never backed the goalie tandem as a good idea but if there's no good deal available then let someone else fail and let Cory and luongos value speak for themselves.

So tell me. What's the difference between Scnheider "being vocal" about wanting the 1G position, essentially going above Luongo's head and Hodgson "being vocal" about wanting Kesler's spot while Kesler was injured?

Hodgson was shipped out and Schneider gets the job?

Something is not working in all of this. Something smells really bad.

The Canucks have a 1C and the best 3C the game has to offer. What they need is a legitimate 2nd threat down the middle.

After seeing what Florida is NOT willing to part with, Toronto low ball deals look better and those aren't good enough to me either.

IF the theory of adding Garisson to the "best defense in the league" stands as fact,

IF the theory that Schneider is ready for prime time and/ or Luongo has asked for a trade and/ or has conceited to being moved, stands as fact,

IF the reason the Canucks did not win the Cup and have had a relative hard time in the playoffs due to a lack of scoring and not a lack of defense and/ or goaltending, stands as fact,

Then the only trade that makes sense for the Canucks is the acquisition of a legitimate 1C/ 2C to put the Canucks on par with L.A., San Jose and Pittsburgh.

VAN

Lecavalier

TBL

Luongo

--------------------

Sign Doan

Sign Turco

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - DOAN

BOOTH - LECAVALIER - KASSIAN

BURROWS - KESLER - HANSEN

HIGGINS- LAPIERRE - _________

BIEKSA - HAMHUIS

EDLER - GARRISSON

TANEV - __________

ALBERTS

SCHNEIDER

TURCO

Tradable extras:

Ballard

Raymond

Time to cut the fat.

Honestly I like the way Gillis is playing this. He isn't going to accept some decent offer for Lu. He is waiting for a great return for a fantastic goalie. If no one gives us that offer, we will wait till the trade deadline when teams get desperate. I see no trouble in keeping both great goalies, and splitting their games. However it is frustrating as a fan to have to wait this long, but a better offer is worth the wait.

If both goalies can rise above this,we potientially could have another great season, and finally win a cup in Vancouver. The question is can they now co-exsist as 1 and 1a and just play and win ,who really cares about all that other bulls#$t, we could have the best overall team D in the league. Get Doan and some help for the 4th line and we are right there baby!

If both goalies can rise above this,we potientially could have another great season, and finally win a cup in Vancouver. The question is can they now co-exsist as 1 and 1a and just play and win ,who really cares about all that other bulls#$t, we could have the best overall team D in the league. Get Doan and some help for the 4th line and we are right there baby!

Honestly I like the way Gillis is playing this. He isn't going to accept some decent offer for Lu. He is waiting for a great return for a fantastic goalie. If no one gives us that offer, we will wait till the trade deadline when teams get desperate. I see no trouble in keeping both great goalies, and splitting their games. However it is frustrating as a fan to have to wait this long, but a better offer is worth the wait.

I agree. We can afford to wait. Every year a few goaltenders struggle and some could be at risk of losing their starting position. If ,any one of, James Reimer, Jonas Hiller, Illya Bryzgalov, or Anti Niemmi struggle again, their respective GMs may be more willing to wheel and deal more fairly. Also, the longer Lou sits, I think, he'll be more open to other options.

In the end, it is we who have the asset teams are gonna need. If we do end up getting a guy like Shane Doan, then we will definately be in the drivers seat. Our one glaring need will have been resolved and there will be no pressure to make a deal. We can wait and see how things unfold and acquire assets according to where our weakness is.

A GM like Burke may regret not dealing a little more honestly as I think the price would only go up. He's gotta think, by now, that his job may be in jeopardy if they miss the playoffs again. He'll definately be active if any one of his goalies can't get the job done.

Any way it goes, I think MG's playing this one right.

So tell me. What's the difference between Scnheider "being vocal" about wanting the 1G position, essentially going above Luongo's head and Hodgson "being vocal" about wanting Kesler's spot while Kesler was injured?

Hodgson was shipped out and Schneider gets the job?

Something is not working in all of this. Something smells really bad.

Archived