The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Obviously, stuff is just being stirred up right before the draft. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it actually were true. The Canucks want to move on with their plans, a major part of which is signing Cory Schneider long term. Of course, Schneider won't do that until Luongo is out of the fold.

There are several reasons why the Canucks want to take care of the Luongo situation ASAP. Whether it actually happens or not is up in the air. Luongo, while still a high end asset, is a bit of a tough piece to move.

Obviously, stuff is just being stirred up right before the draft. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it actually were true. The Canucks want to move on with their plans, a major part of which is signing Cory Schneider long term. Of course, Schneider won't do that until Luongo is out of the fold.

There are several reasons why the Canucks want to take care of the Luongo situation ASAP. Whether it actually happens or not is up in the air. Luongo, while still a high end asset, is a bit of a tough piece to move.

I'm surprised there's no speculation that Washington could be in the mix.

Yes, there's Holtby. But if you plan to be a SC contender, are you confident with Holtby and Neuvirth? I think they look a lot better with Luongo. And they have young assets to burn.

Archived