The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Honestly, Florida doesn't have anything outside their top prospects that I would want, so it's gonna be pretty hard to get a deal done.

What are they gonna give us? Upshall and Weiss? No thanks, Weiss would probably turn into a dud here.

Honestly, Florida doesn't have anything outside their top prospects that I would want, so it's gonna be pretty hard to get a deal done.

What are they gonna give us? Upshall and Weiss? No thanks, Weiss would probably turn into a dud here.

I think now that Bernier's in play, Burke's going to shift over to trying to acquire Bernier as he is much younger. If I were Gillis, I'd hang onto Luongo and see where Bernier goes, if Bernier doesn't end up in Toronto, Luongo may be the only legitimate #1 goaltender that's available which would be an upper hand for bargaining. I don't mind keeping Luongo until the season starts and Toronto will finally realize they need a #1 goaltender ..however it'd be really awkward for Lu to be back in a Canucks uniform after all the fans seemed to flip the page after the Schneider signing.

I would think Tomas Kopecky is the next contract that Florida would like to off load on Us.

Kopecky has three Years left at $3 million. I thought He was a decent player in Chicago. He can play all forward positions including Center, and is a big forward, but now He is overpayed. Still a useful Player as Dale Tallon likes to say.</p>

I would think Tomas Kopecky is the next contract that Florida would like to off load on Us.

Kopecky has three Years left at $3 million. I thought He was a decent player in Chicago. He can play all forward positions including Center, and is a big forward, but now He is overpayed. Still a useful Player as Dale Tallon likes to say.</p>

I will be sad to see Luongo go. He has been a major part of our development into an elite team the last several years.

That said, I am very happy with Schneider's new contract and that he seems to be the #1 going forward. I look forward to seeing what he can do with a full workload.

I would hope that Theodore comes back in a trade with Florida. Not much left in the contract being 1 year at 1.5mil and a dependable veteran backup for Schneider. Along with Theodore i would realistically like a top pick or a tier 1 prospect. I dont believe there is a chance of getting both.

Archived