The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I also think the deal will include more than just Luongo, and will have multiple parts going back and forth on both sides. Just a hunch.

Would love to get a couple top prospects. But I just hope it's a deal that makes us all happy.

Garrison is not an RFA. And Versteeg doesn't really help us if we wanna get bigger and younger.

I hope it's a better prospect than Howden too. They have a wealth of young prospects, they can let one of their top ones go.

All the rumblings of Luongo to Florida are exciting, and could mean something, but its important to remember the signing frenzy Tallon had last year during free agency. Could be he is loading up to build from free agency again, hence trying to make room.

That said, it would seem very Tallon-like to trade a roster player for Luongo, and then sign a free agent to replace said roster player (probably by offering an inflated salary). Tallon seems very capable of ridding himself of contracts when he feels like it, I could see him going this route.

I think the moment we drafted Brenden Gaunce, it signified that Schroeder really doesn't have a future with this team.

They are clearly going in a direction of size in their recent drafts, so unfortunately Schroeder being packaged in a trade may be likely.

I think the moment we drafted Brenden Gaunce, it signified that Schroeder really doesn't have a future with this team.

They are clearly going in a direction of size in their recent drafts, so unfortunately Schroeder being packaged in a trade may be likely.

why wouldn't he? If the price is too high he'll just roll with Theo and Markstrom. If Lu comes at the right price I'm sure he'd consider parting with something, but to think he's going to give up an "elite prospect" is wishful thinking. Not saying it won't happen. I don't know how bad they want Lu. But its not exactly like the demand is there to drive his price through the roof.

No offense, but this is kind of a short sighted comment. Drafting Gaunce doesn't simply mean Schroeder has no place with the team. Remember, the idea is to ADD prospects to your overall prospect pool. One prospect doesn't simply push out another. Both will have an equal place and opportunity with the Canucks.

No offense, but this is kind of a short sighted comment. Drafting Gaunce doesn't simply mean Schroeder has no place with the team. Remember, the idea is to ADD prospects to your overall prospect pool. One prospect doesn't simply push out another. Both will have an equal place and opportunity with the Canucks.

Archived