The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I'm really confused as to how he got those Booth and Hodgson trades right....I'm of the mind that he caught wind of tweets or postings from various outlets a lot earlier than all the big networks and simply re-posted it. I simply will not believe this guy has actual sources, but more of a workhouse on the internet.

And no, samjam's batting percentage is not as good as Dreger's, it's 90% worse.

While Samjam may have jumped the gun with his tweet it's obvious that Luongo will end up becoming a Panther.

- Gillis & Tallon have a history of making trades with one another

- Luongo wants to go to Florida... BADLY!!!

- Florida ownership has approved the funds to acquire Luongo's "cap friendly" contract

- Markstrom is injury prone & not ready to make the leap to the NHL

- Florida has prospects ripe for the picking though Gillis will need to take a bad contract i.e Upshall

- The Maple Leafs Brian Burke has chosen to go in another direction

- No other team is in the market for Luongo that he will waive his contract to play except for. Columbus/Edmonton not Lui's list.

Hell, I'll donate $500 to Canucks Make a Wish Foundation if Luongo does not end up a Florida Panther!!!

It's pretty much guaranteed as all the signs are there if you put the pieces to the puzzle.

SO TECHNICALLY SPEAKING SAMJAM IS CORRECT. We're just going to have to wait awhile until Gillis and Tallon can agree to a mutual understanding that benefits both teams asset wise.

Archived