The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

No chance in hell. If Luongo is traded to Florida salary is coming back our way in the form of Upshall, Kopeky, Jovonaski, etc.

Tallon has also stated he's not parting with Huberdeau or any of his top prospects. Yeah of course I'd want one of them coming back but its retarded to even make proposals that include them.

Now if Gillis mentions either Kesler, Edler, Sedin(s) then I'm sure Tallon would be more inclined to listen.

Luongo's not going anywhere, and he's going to end up being our starter next season. Schneider will not cope with 50 games let alone a full time schedule, which is where Luongo comes in. Expect a 41-41 split by the end of the season, and Luongo will carry us in the playoffs the way he always does in big games where Schneider will falter.

Tallon has stated that Huberdeau and Gudbrandson and not available. I don't believe Bjugstand was mentioned, but I would have to imagine that he is not keen on trading him either.

Guess we'll see

Luongo's not going anywhere, and he's going to end up being our starter next season. Schneider will not cope with 50 games let alone a full time schedule, which is where Luongo comes in. Expect a 41-41 split by the end of the season, and Luongo will carry us in the playoffs the way he always does in big games where Schneider will falter.

No chance in hell. If Luongo is traded to Florida salary is coming back our way in the form of Upshall, Kopeky, Jovonaski, etc.

Tallon has also stated he's not parting with Huberdeau or any of his top prospects. Yeah of course I'd want one of them coming back but its retarded to even make proposals that include them.

Now if Gillis mentions either Kesler, Edler, Sedin(s) then I'm sure Tallon would be more inclined to listen.

well, the Canucks just poached one of the Panthers best - gotta wonder how that's gonna make Tallon feel about the Luongo negotiations? Tallon can sure counterpunch... went out and wasted no time snatching Kuba...but does this now mean MG will have to give Tallon a bit of a discount in the Luongo deal? :bigblush:

The Garrison signing has to upset Tallon along with losing Sammuelson but he knew before Van getting him that he was moving on. The home town discount would burn as well.

Lou still makes sense for Florida. Gillis still needs a RW and a Center so I don't see him taking less than a toop 6 plus a pretty decent prospect. He could also throw Raymond or Schroeder in to complete the deal.

Archived