The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

looking at the panthers roster I think Weiss for luo would be great but they wont do that less we make a package like

Luo,raymond and ballard for Weiss,Upshall and Ellerby might work!!

I would love us to get Gudbranson,Ellerby,Matthais for Luo or luo and Ballard or something to that effect!

looking at toronto's roster

Luo and either raymond for Van Riemsdyk,Frason and Colborne

I love how every team in the NHL will pay out the a$$ for the players we don't want.

We are that good

You do realize that we can't get that much for guys like raymond, ballard, malhotra, maybe even Luongo. these guys played full time and earned half of their salary, and if we were that good we would've won, not saying we didn't do well but we failed when it counted. Not being a bitter party here but you need to realize that what we've done hasn't gotten us the cup and until it does we can't stake the claim that we're "that" good.

But I do get what you're saying, we definitely have the assets to make some teams drool. But lately I've been getting the feeling that our last option might actually be to trade the kid (Schneids) for someone instead of Luongo and his mouth for nothing.

So would we all....

But most accounts agree that Tallon will not part with Gudbranson, Huberdeau or Kulikov. He is reluctant about Bjugstad, but that seems to be where Gillis is digging his heels in.

I'm with Oldnews in that I'd be happy with Bjugstad and a defense prospect; preferably Petrovic. However, if they did want to up the ante and throw Versteeg into the mix, I wouldn't be adverse to that (as long as Jensen or Gaunce isn't part of the deal)

Raymond CAN be traded. The team just can't walk away from the arbatration ruling (like Atlanta did with MacArthur allowing him to be UFA). If the arbatrator rules Raymond's salary to be $2.2M he either plays for the Canucks, or they can trade him, but the salary is not negotiable.

I love how every team in the NHL will pay out the a$$ for the players we don't want.

We are that good

You do realize that we can't get that much for guys like raymond, ballard, malhotra, maybe even Luongo. these guys played full time and earned half of their salary, and if we were that good we would've won, not saying we didn't do well but we failed when it counted. Not being a bitter party here but you need to realize that what we've done hasn't gotten us the cup and until it does we can't stake the claim that we're "that" good.

But I do get what you're saying, we definitely have the assets to make some teams drool. But lately I've been getting the feeling that our last option might actually be to trade the kid (Schneids) for someone instead of Luongo and his mouth for nothing.

Archived