Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanuckRow

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

4,387 posts in this topic

These kind of posts would stop if I had the functionality of the pc site.

I see his system now:

1) Make up Luongo rumor in head

2) Google to see if it works under the cap for both teams

IF it does:

3) Hearing Luongo to Team X for Player Y

IF it doesn't:

3) Say source wasn't cear

then

4) Post to twitter.

By that definition, I suppose you could say that all teams are rebuilding. IMO, teams that are truly rebuilding, don't take on a contract like Campbell's...

Are we trading Luongo to Detroit for Ryan Suter or Pittsburgh for Zach Parise?

I had my doubts about this hockeyinsiderrr fellow from the beginning but decided to give him a follow on twitter a few days ago for the heck of it.

TBH, he called several trades right down to the exact players many hours and in some cases days before they actually happened.

HOLY CRAP, THE LEAFS OR PANTHERS?!?! Huge news... Huge.

Why isn't this guy on TSN?

I don't care much for Dreger, but it has been funny seeing him stick it to these anonymous clowns recently.

Which is only more of the same. Pointless information really.

lol does it really matter what your name is???

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

What I can tell you is I just got a text from a FLA source saying "Heard earlier today
and
CLOSE on Luongo"

Putting the pieces of the puzzle together, I am understanding that the#Canucks and #FLAPanthers are close to striking a deal for Luongo.

Now this is far from being a done deal, as it is confirmed by only 1 NHL source. #Canucks But certainly interesting info.

Here is the big update^

The guy goes from saying the Panthers and Canucks are "close to striking a deal" to saying it's "far from being a done deal" in the next tweet.

C'mon guys, you actually believe this crap?

I agree he seems to be saying one thing then another.If theres something to be said say it or don't even post cause we all could say that and when something is know could say told you so!!!People posting such things should be banned for 24 hours to make them say something or nothing cause they cant!

I love how every team in the NHL will pay out the a$$ for the players we don't want.

We are that good

You do realize that we can't get that much for guys like raymond, ballard, malhotra, maybe even Luongo. these guys played full time and earned half of their salary, and if we were that good we would've won, not saying we didn't do well but we failed when it counted. Not being a bitter party here but you need to realize that what we've done hasn't gotten us the cup and until it does we can't stake the claim that we're "that" good.

But I do get what you're saying, we definitely have the assets to make some teams drool. But lately I've been getting the feeling that our last option might actually be to trade the kid (Schneids) for someone instead of Luongo and his mouth for nothing.