Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanuckRow

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

4,387 posts in this topic

Everyone predict the page where Luo gets traded.....

I'm guessing page 149 marks the spot.

I think Lack might benefit more from another year with the Wolves, he might be able to play in the NHL but one more year of seasoning wouldn't hurt, specially if we can get Theodore

What's Theodore's cap hit?

EDIT: NVM, didn't read thoroughly enough. Would love to have him at the price and term, gives Lack an extra year to develop.

:towel: 107 :towel: is my guess,I just hope it is sooner then later so we can get a deal done for Weber or Ryan!!!

Apparently, Theodore has a list of 10 teams he will go to, and the Canucks arnt on it.

Wouldnt want a player who didn't want to play for us.

We don't know whether Luongo will end up in Toronto or Florida. Florida has the cap space, a lot of young prospects and decent roster players like Kulikov, Kopecky, Ellerby, Huberdeau (doubtful) and Bjugstad (aslo doubtful). While Tallon is under no pressure to keep his job, Burke in Toronto HAS to make the playoffs to keep his. Reimer and Scrivens are'nt going to get it done. Lupul's name keeps coming up on the three hundred "insider" rumour tweets, but because Gillis doesn't like the idea of a dalary dump, there seems to be a stalemate.

So Gillis just sits back and waits. Sooner or later somebody is going to blink and when it happens, I think Tallon will win, but not without Burke makeing a last ditch effort by throwing in Gardiner. But, it will be too late.

I am enjoying how this is all playing out. Season doesn't start for thee months, so what's the hurry?

I would not mind getting him but I'd rather see Lack back up Corey as last preseason Lack seemed to do better then both Corey and Luo and I think his time to play in the NHL is now.

He would be a nice backup goalie here.

Anyone remember when we scored 6 goals on him in the 1st period against the Habs several years ago?

Try for clemmensen instead. Hes from my hometown, was the best goalie the des moines buccaneers ever had. Plus the canucks would have two boston college alumns!

I wouldn't mind Theodore at all, would be the perfect veteran goaltender to backup Schneider. He can mentor Schneider, and about Lack being a possibility as a backup next year; I think he could use another season with the Wolves. There's no rush here for him to make the NHL as a backup yet, I'd rather him play 1 more full season with the Wolves then play 20 games in the NHL, he could work on some flaws he may have.

I wouldn't mind Theodore at all, would be the perfect veteran goaltender to backup Schneider. He can mentor Schneider, and about Lack being a possibility as a backup next year; I think he could use another season with the Wolves. There's no rush here for him to make the NHL as a backup yet, I'd rather him play 1 more full season with the Wolves then play 20 games in the NHL, he could work on some flaws he may have.

Without much movement recently in a potential Roberto Luongo trade, there’s been speculation the Canucks would insist Jose Theodore be part of the package if they consummate a trade with the Florida Panthers.

Theodore, on a one-year $1.5 million deal, is the type of veteran with experience as a starter the Canucks would love to back up Cory Schneider.

But Theodore has a no-trade clause, which lists 10 teams he can be dealt to without waiving it. The Canucks, ESPN reported, are not among the 10 teams on the list.

That doesn’t mean he won’t go to Vancouver. The Panthers could try and force his hand, by telling him if he refuses to waive it, he’d be No. 3 on their depth chart behind Luongo and Scott Clemmensen.

Theodore has worked with Vancouver goalie coach Rollie Melanson before, but there have been suggestions their relationship deteriorated over time in Montreal.

Earlier this year, in an interview with ingoalmag.com, Carey Price recalled a story where Melanson would tie a bungee cord to Theodore to force him to hold his glove up high.

Of course, Theodore is a different player than he was then. But he still doesn’t hold his glove high

Read more: http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz1zoaLDLvN

He would be a nice backup goalie here.

Anyone remember when we scored 6 goals on him in the 1st period against the Habs several years ago?