The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

"Mike Richards is a dick."

"I like to play in a hockey market."

"Lot's of cities that are great to play in. Up to other teams, Canucks, and me on deciding where i want to go."

"Contract is a handicap as far as deciding where i can go."

"Florida is obviously where i'd like to go. But at the end of the day it's hockey."

"Time to move on. Mutual understanding."

Roberto - I hate to say this, team Canada team-mate - Richards is the biggest dick on LA.

playing in a hockey market is my preference - Florida anonymity is nice, but as a player you want to play in a hockey market.

Florida is home in the offseason, family there - but Luongo not narrowing any options.

"not a lot of years left in my career, even though I have a long contract."

it's within my rights [to refuse a trade], but mutual decision that it's time to move on.

Florida is one of the places he'd be willing to go [again not tipping his or MG's hand].

So many different ways to look at the trade.

People have suggested that this interview reduces MG's bargaining position - I disagree entirely - Luongo not only left it open where he could be traded - but perhaps most importantly, he very clearly suggested that the term of his contract is a formality that is not as important as it may seem.

People have suggested that this interview reduces MG's bargaining position - I disagree entirely - Luongo not only left it open where he could be traded - but perhaps most importantly, he very clearly suggested that the term of his contract is a formality that is not as important as it may seem.

That interview was a carefully timed, and chosen way for Roberto Luongo to get his voice heard in the trade situation. He admits that he doesn't talk to Gillis, there has been NO talk of any trade options or trades put across for him to approve or not.

Luongo is saying "Get'er Done Gillis" - And now it's time for Gillis to reply and trade him.

If (when) a deal gets done, I have a feeling it is definitely not going to be for a week or so. Lu is at the WSP tournament right now, and based on the interview he seemed pretty focused on poker/took the tournament quite seriously.

He is a competitive guy and probably wants to focus on the tournament at hand. I imagine he is not interested in fielding questions from Gillis or his agent, nor is he interested in talks about where he would like to be traded/consider waiving his NTC.

If a deal is going to get done, it will be after the tournament.

Archived