Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanuckRow

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

4,387 posts in this topic

Why is the hockey world suddenly focussed on Lu to Chicago? He was asked about the city and gave a pretty standard player answer..."great hockey city, organization, bla bla etc" ...he didn't say 'oh yes, please send me there". God, people are stupid sometimes :/

*Players don't badmouth other organizations at that level of publicity, esp at a critical turning point in their career. It would be career suicide, doesn't matter what city is on the end of the question.

That would be sweet but I think Luongo for Hossa is more realistic.

Because good goaltending would make the Hawks cup favorites, basically. It's a good fit, yet there's tons of drama surrounding these two teams. It'd be like trading Chara to the Canadiens.

You're right. Neither did he say anything about "Send me to Florida" or Toronto, but people can speculate possible trades there? I was just curious if anyone thought Kane for Luongo would be fair, since he mentioned hockey market and playoff contender and liking to play in Chicago. Sorry.

Probably a better interview than anything we would have gotten on 1040

One question.

where are all those guys who said, "Who says Lou is going? He isn't going to be traded blah blah blah"

Lol

I guess they are crying in their diapers

Page 99.

This thread did a Gretzky...must be a great one.

Loooooouuuuuuuuuu!

My sarcasm didn't come off very well I suppose then, I'll keep that in mind the next time around ha.

You're right. Neither did he say anything about "Send me to Florida" or Toronto, but people can speculate possible trades there? I was just curious if anyone thought Kane for Luongo would be fair, since he mentioned hockey market and playoff contender and liking to play in Chicago. Sorry.

My sarcasm didn't come off very well I suppose then, I'll keep that in mind the next time around ha.

My post wasn't pointed at you, or at CDC. Just reading twitter feeds and various articles, and the speculation circles are like watching seagulls flock to a piece of bread thrown out a car window...even if that piece of bread turns out to be a piece of overchewed gum lol

I'm not arguing that...Lu on the Hawks would be a very scary thing for the western conference. It just amuses me that from that q & a suddenly Chicago is emerging as the frontrunner for Lu. I very sincerely hope not, altho a Lu vs. Schneids WCF would be pretty epic.

One question.

where are all those guys who said, "Who says Lou is going? He isn't going to be traded blah blah blah"

Lol

I guess they are crying in their diapers

Everyone I know cries into a tissue. Who cries into a diaper?

Makes no sense.

My post wasn't pointed at you, or at CDC. Just reading twitter feeds and various articles, and the speculation circles are like watching seagulls flock to a piece of bread thrown out a car window...even if that piece of bread turns out to be a piece of overchewed gum lol

Everyone I know cries into a tissue. Who cries into a diaper?

Makes no sense.