The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I love the timing of the Luongo interview. I wouldn't be surprised if this is being orchestrated by Gillis to try and put pressure on Tallon.

Luongo basically just announced that he would be willing to go to any team that has a chance to win. Which pretty much opens the door to alot of teams who are still looking for a number 1.

So pretty much this says to Tallon, pay up, or we'll be exploring other options.

That DM conversation would be easy to fake, he could make a twitter account with Gervais' name and avatar and DM himself. As for the news, I don't see how any of that proves he has inside info. Some of it is convincing, but when you consider the volume of information he's putting out there he's bound to get some right.

With regards to Parise and Suter, he said many, many times before they signed that signings were imminent with Pitt and Det, the popular speculated destinations for them. It wasn't until he had a twitter fight with Wild beat writer Michael Russo that he covered his tracks.

I'll ask you this: Why would some insider do this? What does he have to gain? Why would he risk his contacts and current and future job opportunities for this?

Its only a matter of time before we see Luongo being traded to Florida. However we're not getting Gudbranson.

Versteeg, Ellerby and Upshall are all realistic options. Theodore too if he decides to waive his NTC to come to Vancouver.

Its only a matter of time before we see Luongo being traded to Florida. However we're not getting Gudbranson.

Versteeg, Ellerby and Upshall are all realistic options. Theodore too if he decides to waive his NTC to come to Vancouver.

Believe me, I was skeptical at first too, but the evidence is too overwhelming for it to be complete fluke.

Regarding Gervais, I suspected that too, or that perhaps it was photoshopped, but Bruno Gervais is following him, that cannot be pure coincidence.

Yes he did speculate Parise and Suter had interest in Pitts and DET respectively, and I believe that was the case. According to Pierre Lebrun Detroit thought they had Suter, so I think this is a case of a last day decision by both those guys.

And regards to simply getting some things right due to the volume of rumors, that just doesn`t seem to be the formula for this guy. How does one predict Jagr to Dallas or Burish to SJ. These came out of absolute left field, and the guy only mentioned 1 or 2 other teams with interest.

And if that still is not enough to convince you, how do you explain him calling Steve Ott to Buffalo for Derek Roy days before the trade. Out of the 600+ players in the league he gets that one 100%, the odds of randomly selecting two players and having them traded for one another in the next few days are astronomical.

Honestly, I have no clue why the hell he is doing this. Perhaps he simply enjoys being the bearer of news? But for me, the evidence is just too consistent to be chance.

Archived