The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

and what makes you so sure of this? MG is not going to let Luongo go for scraps..........he will be getting a top prospect from someone. That is, in my opinion, the key cog in any Luongo deal.........any other piece is peripheral.

Im not saying that I believe any of these tweets, but on pure speculation alone :

Shaw,Emery, plus

Theodore, Versteeg, plus

1st, Komisarek, Kulemin

1st, Komisarek, Kulemin, Lupul with Raymond thrown in

What do we take???

i know the ducks aren't on the list but what about bobby ryan for louie. they get a great goalie we get a power forward.i didn't check the logistics of cap but both teams get something they need so i'm sure they could make it work.

I think Roberto's comments today probably handcuffed Gillis a little bit. One one hand he's pretty clear he is finished in Vancouver which is a huge negative in Gillis negotiating power.

On the other hand Lui seems far more expansive in regards to his destination. This causes his value to go up, but only inasmuch as teams are willing to pay to get him.

On balance, I would argue his value went down slightly overall but Gillis should still be able to move him.

More important than the trade is how much I appreciated Lui's time here and all he did for our city. He is a true franchise goaltender and he will be missed.

I think Roberto's comments today probably handcuffed Gillis a little bit. One one hand he's pretty clear he is finished in Vancouver which is a huge negative in Gillis negotiating power.

On the other hand Lui seems far more expansive in regards to his destination. This causes his value to go up, but only inasmuch as teams are willing to pay to get him.

On balance, I would argue his value went down slightly overall but Gillis should still be able to move him.

More important than the trade is how much I appreciated Lui's time here and all he did for our city. He is a true franchise goaltender and he will be missed.

Once again I don't understand how his value went down by the interview. Everyone already knew he was being shopped. He let everyone know he is not as strict with his veto power as the media wants us to believe. He also said his contract should not be seen as an issue because he does not plan on playing to the end of it. These points, with the inclusion of the crazy money being thrown around this FA period, his value has gone up, not down.

Archived