The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

UPSIDE is the main word. He's not a 90 point guy. He's a nothing guy right now in the nhl. Kassian has a lot of upside too but he hasn't proved anything yet at the nhl level. Luongo is a proven star. He sells tickets and wins games. Hard to find a guy like that. We're very lucky to have 2 of them.

If Theodore doesnt want to waive his NTC to play here, why the heck would we want him?? an unhappy goaltender will play crap.

I'd rather give Lack a shot or sign a UFA who wants to play here than an unhappy player.

Scratch, Theo off the package, add a mid pick or C level prospect and get the deal done with.

UPSIDE is the main word. He's not a 90 point guy. He's a nothing guy right now in the nhl. Kassian has a lot of upside too but he hasn't proved anything yet at the nhl level. Luongo is a proven star. He sells tickets and wins games. Hard to find a guy like that. We're very lucky to have 2 of them.

+

I always thought Theodore would be in the mix mainly because of the cap, as salary dump and Florida wanting to offload one G as it's going to get a little crowded there. And give him a legitimate shot at no. 2. The idea feels good and fills the needs of both teams. Minor cap dump and needed depth in net for the other.

They can build there team around Gudbranson (he's 3rd overall pick) and they have a bunch of other great young talent. If they don't want to give us Bjugstad or Gudbranson, then i'd be fine with Huberdeau.One of those 3 should be apart of the Luongo deal. Otherwise I can't see Gillis doing a deal with them.

They can build there team around Gudbranson (he's 3rd overall pick) and they have a bunch of other great young talent. If they don't want to give us Bjugstad or Gudbranson, then i'd be fine with Huberdeau.One of those 3 should be apart of the Luongo deal. Otherwise I can't see Gillis doing a deal with them.

Archived