Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanuckRow

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

4,387 posts in this topic

I think that would be a good deal for both teams.. I would be very happy with this trade.. Especially if the "prospect" is gudbranson.

..... if it means getting Huberdeau and a first... who who knows Florida could screw up completely and give us 1st overall and we could get McKinnon if that happened would you even remember tanev? we would have two of the best young players

That would be the biggest dream come true. Imagine if both Huberdeau was NHL ready next year and MacKinnon would be ready the next?

Sedin - Sedin - MacKinnon

Booth - Huberdeau - Kesler

Burrows - ???? - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Wow

..... if it means getting Huberdeau and a first... who who knows Florida could screw up completely and give us 1st overall and we could get McKinnon if that happened would you even remember tanev? we would have two of the best young players

i thought it would but if they need Tanv to replace Garisson why would they give us another defensemen.. their best?

Yeah.. That's a good point.. Well hopefully this can just end soon so there is no more need for guessing!

you really think Florida is gonna tank next season.... with Luongo in net if they do this trade.

that first round pick will be nowhere near the #1 spot.

you never know plenty good teams tank.. Tampa has tanked while having some of the best players in the game

and if Luongo has a bad season? i mean the flames suck and they have kipper

Hearing a deal with #FlaPanthers was all but done a few days back, but was nixed by an involved player with a NTC.

#Leafs leading the charge currently with a recent counter offer. Burke WILL NOT involve Joffrey Lupul.

and if Luongo has a bad season? i mean the flames suck and they have kipper

whispers going around is tanev, schroeder, luongo are the package heading to FLA. for a young prospect, theodore, 1st rd pick. DT wants tanev after losing garrison. And people say theodore has nixed the deal.Take this with a grain of salt.

If the 'young prospect' is any of these names Gudbranson, Huberdeau, Kulikov, I say take that and run and never call back.

Im hoping its Gudbranson, he and Kassian would be bruise bros ala Kocur and Probert :D hopefully with alot more skill though lol

You think Luongo is going to have a bad season? After he was shown the door by the organization that promised him a career in their city because they think they have a younger better goaltender?

Luongo is going to start the season with a vengeance next year and Florida will repeat as SW division champs. I can honestly see Luongo just gritting his teeth at a chance to prove everyone wrong.

Then again, if that was the case, why wouldn't he want to compete with Schneider for the #1 job here ... I think mentally Luongo has already lost the starting job to Schneider as he has already given up - which sucks because I think Luongo does have the capability to compete with Schneider - he just doesn't have the mind to rise up to the challenge.

Unless Tallon is still trying to fleece us, I don't see how the leafs could possibly be offering something superior to florida. I live in Toronto and believe me when I say the only player that actually plays every night is grabo and he's got quite the cap hit. Other than that it's quite the crapshoot.

Unless Tallon is still trying to fleece us, I don't see how the leafs could possibly be offering something superior to florida. I live in Toronto and believe me when I say the only player that actually plays every night is grabo and he's got quite the cap hit. Other than that it's quite the crapshoot.

won't be a defensmen as Tallon wants Tanev to take Garissons spot why would he give up a D man that could already do that my bet is either Howden or Huberdeau Hoping Huberdeau but most likely Howden