The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

man if it was

Huberdeau, Theodoer,1st round pick for Luongo,Schroeder, Tanev i think it would be very fair and plus 2 first picks its been awhile for us to have 2 firsts :P granted they might be 25th and 30th but still! :P

Luongo=Huberdeau

Schroeder ? 1st round pick we will have to wait and see

Tanev> Theodoer

Guest Dasein

Harvey Fialkov@hfialkov

Panthers Bjugstad rejects initial contract offer to turn pro according to source;

Florida Panthers@FlaPanthers

Bjugstad on making decision of whether he'll return to U of M: Probably won't be too long. Probably next week. Need to sit down with family

Of all the top 3 prospects, you would think Bjugstad, given that he may return to college, is the most probable target to be traded.

Why ? Bjugstad is the one guy that can walk away from you after the trade via free agency because he took the college route ... Huberdeau is not NHL ready ... Gudbranson remains the #1 target.

Yes, you are crazy. We're trying to win right now, and only Gudbranson can help right now. Huberdeau is not NHL ready, and will not be a better player than Gudbranson (as in have a bigger impact for his team).

Guest Dasein

lol you're kidding right? Huberdeau has led his team to a champianship... he is NHL ready and Tallon has said that he believes he will be in the NHL this year.... Gudbranson will never happen he is their future plus we need a center since we lost Hodgson.. we already got Garisson we are pretty well of on D

Huberdeau was great in his draft year on a stacked team, but this year he was not that great in the Memorial Cup tournament. His stats were inflated due to the empty net goals he scored. He cost his team with timely penalties. He is NHL ready for Florida where their top 6 centers are ... who and who ? He's not NHL ready for Vancouver.

Gudbranson will never happen because he's their future you say? So Huberdeau will be available as a second thought? I guess that means Gudbranson > Huberdeau to even Florida eh?

What's your point? Because that 2nd last sentence really contradicts your saying that you'd prefer Huberdeau over Gudbranson ...

Why ? Bjugstad is the one guy that can walk away from you after the trade via free agency because he took the college route ... Huberdeau is not NHL ready ... Gudbranson remains the #1 target.

Yes, you are crazy. We're trying to win right now, and only Gudbranson can help right now. Huberdeau is not NHL ready, and will not be a better player than Gudbranson (as in have a bigger impact for his team).

Huberdeau was great in his draft year on a stacked team, but this year he was not that great in the Memorial Cup tournament. His stats were inflated due to the empty net goals he scored. He cost his team with timely penalties. He is NHL ready for Florida where their top 6 centers are ... who and who ? He's not NHL ready for Vancouver.

Gudbranson will never happen because he's their future you say? So Huberdeau will be available as a second thought? I guess that means Gudbranson > Huberdeau to even Florida eh?

What's your point? Because that 2nd last sentence really contradicts your saying that you'd prefer Huberdeau over Gudbranson ...

whispers going around is tanev, schroeder, luongo are the package heading to FLA. for a young prospect, theodore, 1st rd pick. DT wants tanev after losing garrison. And people say theodore has nixed the deal.Take this with a grain of salt.

If Tanev is going the other way the Canucks need to get a defenseman back because right now he's slotted as the 6th on the bottom pairing with Bally. We'd be losing a RH shot also.

Very risky move by MG if a defenseman does not come back unless...dare I say...

Shea Weber.

The
are doing so in hopes that the 3 teams will up their bids. As of right now, I am hearing Burke is the most aggressive (cont)

mystery_normal.jpg

(cont) Luongo is in Vegas playing poker so he should be asked to waive his NTC AFTER his tournament.

mystery_normal.jpg

The
are over waiting this thing despite the 3 teams putting pressure on a resolution. They are extending the process by saying(cont

mystery_normal.jpg

(cont) And the
are the team putting most pressure on
to have a resolution in the Luongo file sooner rather than later.

Guest Dasein

I prefere Huberdeau to Gudbranson because we don't need Gudbranson we need a play making Centermen to play with both Kesler and Booth Booth Huberdeau Kesler..... Sexy line i must say

we have

Hamuis Bieksa

Edler Garisson

Ballard Sauve

you really think that Gudbranson will want to play on the bottom with ballard? no Sauve would work just fine with Ballard

Do I really care whether a sophomore NHLer on his ELC will want to play on a bottom pairing of an NHL contending team or not? No, because he's signed for 2 more years at a dirt cheap price and will be an RFA for the next little while. And no, Sauve will not work just fine with Ballard. He is not NHL ready.

And the bolded just shows how much knowledge you lack regarding the sport - Ryan Kesler will not move to wing for a goddamn rookie who hasn't proven anything at the professional level against men. He is the 2nd best center on this team and he will not play on anybody's wing except for Henrik on the PP. He's an excellent centerman who is great defensively, great on faceoffs and is a shoot-first player.

Playmaking ability is not a requirement for a center - there are so many other aspects of the position and Ryan has every one of them whereas Huberdeau lacks them all as a rookie. I'd rather have Ryan learn to pass more (only one aspect which lacks in his game) than rely on Huberdeau to learn every other aspect of the game as a rookie center in the NHL.

Nope, sorry, if that pick is top 10 (which I think it would be) then it's already a steal for Vancouver with Komisarek and Kulemin just being cherries on top. This is Luongo's value.

Archived