The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Those aren't cherries - they are dumps. Komisarek 4.5 million, Kulemin qualified at (2.35 +10% =) 2.6 million - that's 7.1 million for a pylon and a left wing (which the Canucks don't need) who scored 7 goals last year. Ridiculous. Extremely. Add that up and it gets in the way of a bid for Doan - another variation on the crap that's been coming out of Toronto all along. Leaf pipe dreams. If you want to move those two guys, Calgary has a guy name Bouwmeester they might send your way.

I'm curious why noone seems to be considering Quinton Howden as a possible FLA prospect to deal for. He's likely considered to be not one of their top top prospects by Tallon (Gudbranson, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Grimaldi, Markstrom, etc.) and VAN's prospect pool at LW is quite thin. Thoughts?

Komi is a plug on a terrible Leafs team and Kulemin is worth about as much as Raymond. If this is the trade Burke is offering I would laugh and tell him to enjoy his final season as a Leafs GM. I would rather have $9 mil in goaltenders than pay for those plugs in the pressbox and if Lu doesn't like it and wants to pout, tell him CLB is in need of a starter.

I'm curious why noone seems to be considering Quinton Howden as a possible FLA prospect to deal for. He's likely considered to be not one of their top top prospects by Tallon (Gudbranson, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Grimaldi, Markstrom, etc.) and VAN's prospect pool at LW is quite thin. Thoughts?

yes, and this is why the Leafs will have a top 10 pick.... for eternity...

they do things like give up the 2nd overall (Seguin) and 9th overall (Hamilton) and a 2nd round pick, for Kessel, muahahaha, but wouldn't give up the 5th overall when they had the opportunity to acquire a goaltender who could get them out of the their top 10 draft streak...

the Leafs are so....easy.

45]

The
are doing so in hopes that the 3 teams will up their bids. As of right now, I am hearing Burke is the
most aggressive (cont)

45]

mystery_normal.jpg

(cont) Luongo is in Vegas playing poker so he should be asked to waive his NTC AFTER his tournament.

45]

mystery_normal.jpg

The
are over waiting this thing despite the 3 teams putting pressure on a resolution. They are extending the process by saying(cont

45]

45]

mystery_normal.jpg

(cont) And the
are the team putting most pressure on
to have a resolution in the Luongo file sooner rather than later.

Komi is a plug on a terrible Leafs team and Kulemin is worth about as much as Raymond. If this is the trade Burke is offering I would laugh and tell him to enjoy his final season as a Leafs GM. I would rather have $9 mil in goaltenders than pay for those plugs in the pressbox and if Lu doesn't like it and wants to pout, tell him CLB is in need of a starter.

I'm not sure why people are expecting a lot back for Luongo.

What most of the posters aren't realizing is that his contract is a hinderance to the team. The Canucks don't want him right now, so why should some other team want him for another 8 - 10 years at a cap hit of 5,000,000+ per year?

If I were MG, I would trade him for either of the following:

Tor - Lupul (straight up)

Fla - Versteeg + a second round pick

The reason he hasn't been traded yet (in my opinion), isn't because teams aren't willing, but because the asking price is way too high.

Archived