The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I'm not sure why people are expecting a lot back for Luongo.

What most of the posters aren't realizing is that his contract is a hinderance to the team. The Canucks don't want him right now, so why should some other team want him for another 8 - 10 years at a cap hit of 5,000,000+ per year?

If I were MG, I would trade him for either of the following:

Tor - Lupul (straight up)

Fla - Versteeg + a second round pick

The reason he hasn't been traded yet (in my opinion), isn't because teams aren't willing, but because the asking price is way too high.

give it a break @hockeyyinsiderr is a fraud who just makes better lies and predictions than Eklund

most of his "sources" are people on twitter he follows as he's just passing on the word and calling it "his" own sources

only thing i think he might've called right is ott and pardy for roy so he's got 1 in my books but samjam got 2 ... do we all believe samjam nowadays? just stop giving hockeyyinsiderr credit

what kind of insider have no life other than sleeping and tweet tweet tweet all day about everything he "hears"

just check the people he's following and if he's going to give credit to creasy/nhlsourcessay .. he should be as credible as nhlsourcessay. thats right. none.

why on earth would burke involve lupul in the trade if raymond is in?

he's gonna give up two top 6 forwards, 4th/5th dmen, a 1st for a 2nd/3rd line winger + an elite aging goalie with a heavy contract?

You think Luongo is going to have a bad season? After he was shown the door by the organization that promised him a career in their city because they think they have a younger better goaltender?

Luongo is going to start the season with a vengeance next year and Florida will repeat as SW division champs. I can honestly see Luongo just gritting his teeth at a chance to prove everyone wrong.

Then again, if that was the case, why wouldn't he want to compete with Schneider for the #1 job here ... I think mentally Luongo has already lost the starting job to Schneider as he has already given up - which sucks because I think Luongo does have the capability to compete with Schneider - he just doesn't have the mind to rise up to the challenge.

You think Luongo is going to have a bad season? After he was shown the door by the organization that promised him a career in their city because they think they have a younger better goaltender?

Luongo is going to start the season with a vengeance next year and Florida will repeat as SW division champs. I can honestly see Luongo just gritting his teeth at a chance to prove everyone wrong.

Then again, if that was the case, why wouldn't he want to compete with Schneider for the #1 job here ... I think mentally Luongo has already lost the starting job to Schneider as he has already given up - which sucks because I think Luongo does have the capability to compete with Schneider - he just doesn't have the mind to rise up to the challenge.

If Toronto does have an offer of Kulemin and Komisarek on the table, and lets just say this is the only offer out there, would you do it?

I think I would.

Komisarek is the big physical stay at home dman that Vans been missing since Mitchell left.

Kulemin is a former 30 goal scorer who is only 24 years old.

Obviously, I think that Van can do better for Lou, but if this was all that was out there, I dont think its that bad of an offer.

If Toronto does have an offer of Kulemin and Komisarek on the table, and lets just say this is the only offer out there, would you do it?

I think I would.

Komisarek is the big physical stay at home dman that Vans been missing since Mitchell left.

Kulemin is a former 30 goal scorer who is only 24 years old.

Obviously, I think that Van can do better for Lou, but if this was all that was out there, I dont think its that bad of an offer.

Archived