The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Sorry buddy, but burying those players and their contracts in the minors in not happening.  Do you realize how bad it would make the organization look, and how negatively it would affect attracting free agents (and re-signing current players)?

As much as I would like to believe that teams would bend over backwards to acquire Luongo, they wont.  If it is reasonable to the other teams interested, then it will happen at the right price, but even if the teams get desperate, they are not going to go so far as to disrespect their players already under contract.  This isn't a game, these are real people you are talking about.

If the recent rumor is true Re Tanev going to Miami with Luongo Its gotta be Gudbranson coming this way. Tallon would want a good D prospect if he gives up Gudbranson.

I think it would be great if MG could pry Gudbranson away from Tallon. He's going to be a beast in a few short yeas.

way to much crack smoked during the making of this thread i don't even know where to start...115 pages of complete garbage why not just wait and see what happens .. all this i wouldn't take this guy because blah blah blah or i would only take this guy blah blah blah.....

lets see what happens and then discuss .

personally i don't even want Luongo to leave but hey it looks like that is going to happen so ..lets hope he gets what he wants and we get what we want...

Luongo...

Not as close as others are speculating per my sources. Also heard a Tampa rumor today that Gillis may be getting so frustrated with the low offers he may be re-considering a deal that would send Lecavalier to Vancouver for Luongo..Yzerman would do this deal I was told.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Sunday-Quick-Hits-Trades-Signings-and-CourtsOh-My/1/45493

I think Gudbrandson and Huberdeau are a nogo.The three second tier prospects,Bjugstad,Howden,Petrovic....maybe we get one.The first rounder would be a great chip in other deals and is possible.Very likely we get a vet that isn't cheap.IMHO

I've read every post in this thread. With every post I read I get a little stupider, but I can't stop reading just in case something happens. My life has turned into garbage because of this thread. I will need counseling after this thread because nothing will have importance in my life.

My sources (twisted mind) tell me this deal will be over tomorrow and we will get one of bjustad, or huberdeau plus a first and mathais while we give up Louie Raymond and maybe Tanev

Ok, I live in Vegas (I really do, was 109 degrees here today) and Since Luongo is here right now, you can trust me! I know what's really happening.

I was down on the Strip earlier (that's where all the fancy hotels are) and the whole place was abuzz with word of what Luongo has been saying and about how excited he is to be returning to the Florida Panthers!

Yes, its official, 99% done that we are getting everything we want and more back from Dale Tallon. Apparently he has been told by team ownership to just get the deal no matter the cost! There's a 90% chance that this all goes down in the next 48 hours, as soon as the Canucks can find enough places to house all the incredible plethora of talent that will be coming back in exchange for Luongo, Raymond and Ballard.

MG has played this masterfully and Tallon knows if he doesn't get this done, its his nuts in the vise and its already starting to tighten.

Again, Its at least 80% chance that this is all done and wrapped up in the next 72 hours, and that there is at the very least a 50% chance of all this happening as well as us flipping out one of the first round picks coming back from Florida to bring Nash to town.

Again, if this doesn't all happen and transpire in the next 96 hours, I'm told that the chances of it happening may really only be 10% but the chances of that are really only 50/50.

Again, you have it from a reliable source in sunny Las Vegas! I've had my ear to the sidewalk (ouch, that's really hot) and I heard all this being discussed by a bellhop who was talking about the whole thing with a guy who was rifling through the dumpster at the back of the MGM that we will see this all wrap up and conclude in the next 120 hours Max!

Ok, I live in Vegas (I really do, was 109 degrees here today) and Since Luongo is here right now, you can trust me! I know what's really happening.

I was down on the Strip earlier (that's where all the fancy hotels are) and the whole place was abuzz with word of what Luongo has been saying and about how excited he is to be returning to the Florida Panthers!

Yes, its official, 99% done that we are getting everything we want and more back from Dale Tallon. Apparently he has been told by team ownership to just get the deal no matter the cost! There's a 90% chance that this all goes down in the next 48 hours, as soon as the Canucks can find enough places to house all the incredible plethora of talent that will be coming back in exchange for Luongo, Raymond and Ballard.

MG has played this masterfully and Tallon knows if he doesn't get this done, its his nuts in the vise and its already starting to tighten.

Again, Its at least 80% chance that this is all done and wrapped up in the next 72 hours, and that there is at the very least a 50% chance of all this happening as well as us flipping out one of the first round picks coming back from Florida to bring Nash to town.

Again, if this doesn't all happen and transpire in the next 96 hours, I'm told that the chances of it happening may really only be 10% but the chances of that are really only 50/50.

Again, you have it from a reliable source in sunny Las Vegas! I've had my ear to the sidewalk (ouch, that's really hot) and I heard all this being discussed by a bellhop who was talking about the whole thing with a guy who was rifling through the dumpster at the back of the MGM that we will see this all wrap up and conclude in the next 120 hours Max!

I've read every post in this thread. With every post I read I get a little stupider, but I can't stop reading just in case something happens. My life has turned into garbage because of this thread. I will need counseling after this thread because nothing will have importance in my life.

My sources (twisted mind) tell me this deal will be over tomorrow and we will get one of bjustad, or huberdeau plus a first and mathais while we give up Louie Raymond and maybe Tanev

Archived