The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Ok, I live in Vegas (I really do, was 109 degrees here today) and Since Luongo is here right now, you can trust me! I know what's really happening.

I was down on the Strip earlier (that's where all the fancy hotels are) and the whole place was abuzz with word of what Luongo has been saying and about how excited he is to be returning to the Florida Panthers!

Yes, its official, 99% done that we are getting everything we want and more back from Dale Tallon. Apparently he has been told by team ownership to just get the deal no matter the cost! There's a 90% chance that this all goes down in the next 48 hours, as soon as the Canucks can find enough places to house all the incredible plethora of talent that will be coming back in exchange for Luongo, Raymond and Ballard.

MG has played this masterfully and Tallon knows if he doesn't get this done, its his nuts in the vise and its already starting to tighten.

Again, Its at least 80% chance that this is all done and wrapped up in the next 72 hours, and that there is at the very least a 50% chance of all this happening as well as us flipping out one of the first round picks coming back from Florida to bring Nash to town.

Again, if this doesn't all happen and transpire in the next 96 hours, I'm told that the chances of it happening may really only be 10% but the chances of that are really only 50/50.

Again, you have it from a reliable source in sunny Las Vegas! I've had my ear to the sidewalk (ouch, that's really hot) and I heard all this being discussed by a bellhop who was talking about the whole thing with a guy who was rifling through the dumpster at the back of the MGM that we will see this all wrap up and conclude in the next 120 hours Max!

Lol...... Or what?

Some of you are delusional if you think we're getting huberdeau or gudbranson and if by some small stroke of miracle we do pry one of these guys away from Florida, don't nod your head in justification that you were right. If that were to happen, never question another god damn move gillis makes cause he would be a pimp to pull that off.

Lol...... Or what?

Some of you are delusional if you think we're getting huberdeau or gudbranson and if by some small stroke of miracle we do pry one of these guys away from Florida, don't nod your head in justification that you were right. If that were to happen, never question another god damn move gillis makes cause he would be a pimp to pull that off.

how is Luongo+tanev for Huberdeau+ delusional? it is actually a very good possibility... they need someone to step into Garissons spot on D and a goalie we need a top 6 play maker (which Huberdeau can be) since we gave up Hodgson upgrading to Huberdeau would be amazing

I was thinking today what Chicago could offer would anyone take emery bolland shaw and a 1st for Luongo and Raymond I know the history with bolland and the sedins but this guy is an absolute gamer in the playoffs he is the perfect 3rd line center. Does he have a NTC?

Sedin-sedin-burr

Booth-kesler-_____ kassian if he's ready or a ufa

Higgins-Bolland-Hansen

Shaw-lapierre-malholtra/weise

C.B. @NHLSourcesSay @Vanc0uverCanuck: whats possibly going back in a trade for luongo?” asking price right now is a top 6 forward, prospect and or draft pick.

http://twitter.com/NHLSourcesSay

Link above.

How the heck do you post twitter captions without getting those massive black bars? I've seen people pretty much screenshot it, like on Pass it to Bulis. Not wasting that much time, although there should be a more presentable way to inform the masses. Oh yeah there is. Twitter.

Everyone has to realize that in a trade both teams want to get better

The Goaltending in FLA was top 10 in GAA so they won't see as drastic as an improvement from obtaining Luongo as Toronto or Tampa.

I think hockey wise the trade makes no sense for FLA, it's more of a ticket sale deal than anything.

My interpretation of the Panther's President's tweet:

• A deal is in place, or at least extremely close to being in place

• Luongo will officially be asked to waive tonight or tomorrow morning

• Trade will be made official tomorrow morning

• The Panther's President is meeting with Luongo on Monday night to welcome him back to the organization.

how is Luongo+tanev for Huberdeau+ delusional? it is actually a very good possibility... they need someone to step into Garissons spot on D and a goalie we need a top 6 play maker (which Huberdeau can be) since we gave up Hodgson upgrading to Huberdeau would be amazing

If I were GM of the Panthers, coming off the season they just had and Gillis asked me for Huberdeau, I'd hang up. With Theodore, Clemmenson and Markstrom coming up, they don't need Luongo at all. They certainly would be foolish to let go of a blue chip prospect at center when they aren't exactly deep down the middle themselves.

I think there are going to be some disappointed Canucks fans with what the team gets back in the Lou trade...

Honestly, the likelihood of Luongo talking to FLA GM in Vegas is ridiculous.

HOWEVER!!!! And this is a massively big HOWEVER, if he is it is per the wishes of Mike Gillis and Mike has given veto permission.

This is so obscure, and completely improbably, that I honestly can't see it happening.

Why would Gillis give up any leverage he has left on the FLA trade by letting Luongo negotiate in a situation where he would take a bag of pucks just to get out of Van City. Luongo is biased, and therefore can not be asked to handle anything involving the FLA management until he is traded (if it is even to FLA).

The only way this works, is if FLA really wants Luongo (and Luongo is willing to elsewhere), and there are other suitors who's deals Mike Gillis is using as leverage to make sure FLA stays honest with any personal talks to Luongo and doesn't try to fleece the Canucks on a previously arranged trade agreement.

Cheers.

Archived