The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

how is Luongo+tanev for Huberdeau+ delusional? it is actually a very good possibility... they need someone to step into Garissons spot on D and a goalie we need a top 6 play maker (which Huberdeau can be) since we gave up Hodgson upgrading to Huberdeau would be amazing

Hubeudeu please. He's got all star written all over him. Gudbranson may never reach his potential offensively, if he ever had any offensive potential. Huberdeau is like a mutated version of Alex Burrows. Never quits, never says die, but with far more superior skill. If its Luongo plus Tanev for Huberdue + we better get on it, asap.

I can't believe everyone cries about this teambeing soft and are still clamouring for Huberseau.......Bjugstad is much more in the mold of what MG is looking for...........big, gritty, high end offensive upside, with a solid defensive side........if they could get him out of college, he'd slot right into a 3rd or 4th line C role..........something CH could never do. I'll take Bjugstad over Huberdeau, based on organizational need, every time

I guess since the joke didn't ONLY consist of either "are u 90% sure" or "oh no, eklund said we're getting (insert name here) so that means we have zero chance at getting (insert same name here)" the joke went right over everyone's head.

I can't believe everyone cries about this teambeing soft and are still clamouring for Huberseau.......Bjugstad is much more in the mold of what MG is looking for...........big, gritty, high end offensive upside, with a solid defensive side........if they could get him out of college, he'd slot right into a 3rd or 4th line C role..........something CH could never do. I'll take Bjugstad over Huberdeau, based on organizational need, every time

Huberdeau looks like he should get NHL time this season - he is an offensive center, ya know, what we didn't have room for? If we plan on having a checking 3rd line center, why would we waste the trade on acquiring a guy we don't have a spot for?

In my view, we do need an offensive 3rd line that is defensively responsible, not just a checking line, so Huberdeau would be great to get here - but it seemed that AV wanted a non talented 3rd line center...

I would think a new CBA would raise Luongos value because in reality we circumvented the cap with his long term deal. If for example they reduce the max length to 5-7 years the average salary will go up because there is no way to circumvent the cap with the shorter term for most players.

Lol...... Or what?

Some of you are delusional if you think we're getting huberdeau or gudbranson and if by some small stroke of miracle we do pry one of these guys away from Florida, don't nod your head in justification that you were right. If that were to happen, never question another god damn move gillis makes cause he would be a pimp to pull that off.

I have a very hard time believing we'll get any of the Panthers top prospects. Of course it could happen but I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people when the trade actually happens and we see the return.

Take the hockey side of things out. Florida needs a Marquee name to market, Luongo gives them that. MG knows that, so does the ownership group. Exciting young team brings back the best player they ever had = $$$

It's like the return of Linden.

Take the hockey side of things out. Florida needs a Marquee name to market, Luongo gives them that. MG knows that, so does the ownership group. Exciting young team brings back the best player they ever had = $$$

It's like the return of Linden.

Archived