The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I'd love to wake up or hear :Luo has been traded"

I think MG should ask for Kopecky , Theodore , Ellerby and a 1st for Luo and Raymond plus a 4th round pick!

Then sign Semin or trade for Ryan or weber,whatever works best and is easiest to get.

Others I'd add to the trade to get more are: Ballard , Tanev , Manny , Schroeder , Sauve !!!

I'd use all those players to get more from the panthers , and if we get a first round pick use that plus ours to get Ryan or Weber.If we could get Weber I'd sign Semin and imagine the team we could have!!!

This is really pathetic. Gillis gambled and lost. The Varly return is starting to look pretty good right about now. Schneider will be a great goalie but at the end of the day flipping him for a top 10 pick and a 2nd plus whatever else Colorado gave up seems like it would be better off for the team than what Lu may get us. Still have hope but if Florida are the front runners with their successful Theodore Clemmenson tandem and Markstrom kicking on the doorstep I fear we're SOL. Tampa was really the best trading partner but if I'm yzerman I do exactly what he did. I still have faith in MG but if I was to guess I'd think this saga goes on to the season. Hopefully some teams like wash and edm and Ana have major goalie problems and get in on the "sweepstakes"

Here is the Panthers attendance with Luongo.

2005-06 656,587 16,014, 2003-04 653,380 15,936, 2002-03 632,552 15,428, 2001-02 659,040 16,074, 2000-01 601,857 14,679

This year they were at 681,792 with an average of 16,629 and apparently 17 sellouts. Almost 600 more per game than the highest attendance during the Luongo years. Players make no difference in Florida. The only thing that matters to the Panthers attendance numbers is winning. If they don't win they don't draw well. This year was the best in over a decade and the second best ever.

I just don't see the Panthers having this huge need for Luongo. Maybe I'm wrong but why is Tallon going to give up so much for what amounts to a luxury versus a necessity?

The team is stacked with young talent. Tallon isn't one who has historically dealt the young talent. In fact he usually deals the veterans and stock piles prospects and picks. And it works! He has turned two horrible franchises around and it isn't because he makes reckless deals.

This is good news as now MG can put more pressure on other teams, or they will read this and want a deal done tonight before that dinner.I sure hope a deal is done and with this and what Luo has said wanting out that a team will step up and give MG what he is asking,or something very close!!! :bigblush:

also makes sence since Luo is a major player promoting poker the CEO might want his new talent with him when he signs his new deal with a new team.Win win for both.Just think if the panthers get a new deal and they get poker on there boards with luo picks all over.

Archived