The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

That's the irony. He is a huge joke but he has followers. I bet if people here actually thought you could still make an anonymous twitter account and post BS rumors and actually accumulate 10s of thousands of followers more people would have tried it.

Darren Dregger of all people already said that, hockeyinsiderr does not have any resources or connections, and that he is all B.s. I'm shocked to still see people posting his tweets.

As for Luongo I really wish he kept his y appers shut. There is a very good chance he might be at Canucks training camp, and after saying that, it makes him looks kinda stupid, after saying, "it's time to move on."

MG is smart and trying I think to hard to make the right deal.If it was me I'd want matthias,ellerby and a 1st for Luo and raymond

then I'd sign doan to a 3 or 4 year deal 5 mill a season, then trade ballard,manny,sauve,schroder,jensen and a first or two 1st for Weber.

sedin sedin burrows

booth kesler doan

higgins matthias hansen

volpatti lapierre kassian

edler weber

hamhuis bieksa

garrison ellerby

schnieder

Lack

to me that is a cup winning team I sure hope MG can get us this team or one close to it!!!But first thing is trade Luo and get doan!

It's because people love to take his words out of context, such as we're seeing here.

His words in the finals were fine, basically saying only that he and Thomas play a much different game. Actually, when Lu arrived here in 2006 his game was a lot closer to Thomas' aggressive style than it is now, so he knew exactly what he was talking about. "It" would have been an easier save for him, but likewise some shots will be easier for Thomas and his style than Lu's. He wasn't saying that he was the better player. It was only "motivation" if you intentionally ignore the context and don't attempt to understand the point he was making. I expect that from Boston fans and the media, but Vancouver fans should put in a modicum of effort to understand the words in their proper context and intended meaning.

Secondly, that interview did not hurt his value. He said never say never; he could play in Vancouver another year. But he and the rest of us can see the writing on the wall. He didn't admit anything that EVERYONE and their grandmother didn't already know. Lu was going to be shopped this summer. He probably helped his value by essentially stating that he didn't intend to play out the entirety of his contract. With term being the only concern with his contract, that statement makes him more appealing to potential buyers. Likewise he said he wasn't likely to veto trades, and just wants to go to a team that has a chance to win, opening up possible destinations outside of Florida.

The interview did not harm MG's position at all.

doesnt matter what fans say unlesss one thing is the onlt thing heard.If they want lou bad enough doesnt mean the gm will get him less it makes sence and for them it does and for us it does.For the last four years I have been waiting for MG to make a big move.We have needed a BIG D man and a better second line player.We have a chance to get both and third line center upgrade.This is our season for MG to do something and make us better instead of signing decent players but not get us a great one.No offence to hamhuis he is close to a great player but the other fill ins like manny and ballard have not done what was expected of them.I am tired of getting these type of players , MG get us a great one or two so we can win a cup!

doesnt matter what fans say unlesss one thing is the onlt thing heard.If they want lou bad enough doesnt mean the gm will get him less it makes sence and for them it does and for us it does.For the last four years I have been waiting for MG to make a big move.We have needed a BIG D man and a better second line player.We have a chance to get both and third line center upgrade.This is our season for MG to do something and make us better instead of signing decent players but not get us a great one.No offence to hamhuis he is close to a great player but the other fill ins like manny and ballard have not done what was expected of them.I am tired of getting these type of players , MG get us a great one or two so we can win a cup!

Archived