The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

MG isn't dealing with Chicago, and I don't think Chicago would want Luongo anyway. They have Crawford as their number 1 anyway, so all these rumours make no sense.

Florida is the only real option Luongo has right now, because TO have bailed, I just hope MG isn't forced to make a deal because of what Lu said and he shouldn't feel pressured into making one before training camp - better to keep Luongo and win with 2 strong goalies than trade Luongo for less assets and have a struggling starter.

I really don't think adding bolland would destroy the locker room. At the end of the day they're professionals and know how to get over it. I don't see hank being bitter and not Playin well because of it. My guess is he would man up and show him what this team is made of by going up to him shaking his hand and welcoming him to the best organization in the NHL. Because hanks a man of honor and not a cry baby highschool kid.

That being said, no way gillis trades for him because he doesnt fit the character mold. I think he's looking to find an NHL ready player around 21-24yrs old that has a good head on his shoulders and looks like a good fit to be part of the next generation core. Someone who's not going to bolt for the biggest paycheck when he turns 26 and I don't see that in bolland.

If he did somehow make this trade and was able to get through to him like burrows, kesler and Lapierre, man we'd have a scary team.. He's probably one of the most effective 3rd line centers in the league

Toronto & Chicago are currently looking at UFA goalie Christobal Huet. Huet just finnished a contract in the Swiss league and now wants to return to the NHL.

On a side note, newly signed Martin Biron is being shopped by the Rangers. Leafs, Panthers and Hawks are all interested.

Toronto & Chicago are currently looking at UFA goalie Christobal Huet. Huet just finnished a contract in the Swiss league and now wants to return to the NHL.

On a side note, newly signed Martin Biron is being shopped by the Rangers.  Leafs, Panthers and Hawks are all interested.

MG isn't dealing with Chicago, and I don't think Chicago would want Luongo anyway. They have Crawford as their number 1 anyway, so all these rumours make no sense.

Florida is the only real option Luongo has right now, because TO have bailed, I just hope MG isn't forced to make a deal because of what Lu said and he shouldn't feel pressured into making one before training camp - better to keep Luongo and win with 2 strong goalies than trade Luongo for less assets and have a struggling starter.

Toronto is not really into it. Dave Nonis have interestet, but not Burke. He's just making offers and making it look like he is going after the goalie, to avoid the media rashing out at him for not trying to acquire a true number 1 goalie. He's made offers, that are for sure rejectable trades, just so it looks like he's tried, when infact, he probably really has no interest. He's probably being pressured b by Nonis, but deep inside I don't think burke likes that contract. So he's just making refusable offers to Gillis to make it look like he is working around the clock on acquiring Luongo. At the end of the day the media cannot say "Burke is not trying to get a goalie" because he has, but no. Luke Schenn plus a 1st and 2nd round pick is a garbage offer

Kulemin, Komaserek and a 2nd round pick for Luongo is an insult actually especially after we signed Garrison. Brian Burke has no intentions of trading for Luongo.

Toronto is not really into it. Dave Nonis have interestet, but not Burke. He's just making offers and making it look like he is going after the goalie, to avoid the media rashing out at him for not trying to acquire a true number 1 goalie. He's made offers, that are for sure rejectable trades, just so it looks like he's tried, when infact, he probably really has no interest. He's probably being pressured b by Nonis, but deep inside I don't think burke likes that contract. So he's just making refusable offers to Gillis to make it look like he is working around the clock on acquiring Luongo. At the end of the day the media cannot say "Burke is not trying to get a goalie" because he has, but no. Luke Schenn plus a 1st and 2nd round pick is a garbage offer

Kulemin, Komaserek and a 2nd round pick for Luongo is an insult actually especially after we signed Garrison. Brian Burke has no intentions of trading for Luongo.

I'm guessing nothing happens re: Lu until Doan picks a team. So perhaps later next week. You have to think Gillis wants this done sooner, rather than later (for planning purposes) - assuming there are good trade options available. I still think he ends up in Florida, and Canucks end up with one of their centers: Bjugstad/Huberdeau/Goc, + other pieces.

Garbage defencemen, plus unpredicable 1st round pick, plus unpredicable 2nd round for all star goalie is indeed a garbage offer. Luongo is an all star goalie. You cannot get an all star goalie over night, as for 1st round picks, every team will get a 1st round pick every year. So in the end, one hell of a garbage offer. That's why Gillis rejected it. He also rejected Schenn on more then 1 occasion already, I don't even know why the hell Burke is offering him to us again, after we rejected Schenn for Hodgson. Again Burke is just doing this to protect his own interest.

Archived