The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I'm guessing nothing happens re: Lu until Doan picks a team. So perhaps later next week. You have to think Gillis wants this done sooner, rather than later (for planning purposes) - assuming there are good trade options available. I still think he ends up in Florida, and Canucks end up with one of their centers: Bjugstad/Huberdeau/Goc, + other pieces.

No Maple Leafs, please.

I still don't dislike the team, but there are no real upgrades for us on the team. Maybe Jake Gardiner, but we don't really need him. We need offensive upgrades, and Toronto can't help us with that now. They can't help themselves there either.

yes I think florida is the only option but make a bigger deal and get usa good D man and a big center for the thid line.I thinkit doesnt matter where Doan goes we will still get the best deal we can for luo.I'd rather have a young d man that has played atleast a year then to get a minor player who might not be as good an NHLer.I would rather have Ellerby who is young,big and has upside then to get a wildcard like Gudbranson.Matthias is a very attractive player and big center third liner ,those two I'd love to see us get and trade Ballard,Raymond,Manny any two of them.Lupul is good but streaky and a bit soft so I wouldnt want him on this team when we have been pushed around a bit.

Canucks won't trade Luongo until Doan makes a decision. If Doan signs here, the Canucks' need for a top 6 forward goes down and getting a guy like Versteeg/Lupul is no longer a priority. If we can get Doan for free, MG is going to probably be looking for a dman in return.

This offseason has been the year of waiting. I'd say we're all going to have to wait at least 5 more days (day of Doan's decision).

Canucks won't trade Luongo until Doan makes a decision. If Doan signs here, the Canucks' need for a top 6 forward goes down and getting a guy like Versteeg/Lupul is no longer a priority. If we can get Doan for free, MG is going to probably be looking for a dman in return.

This offseason has been the year of waiting. I'd say we're all going to have to wait at least 5 more days (day of Doan's decision).

I think Raymond was signed as an insurance policy if we're unable to get a top 6. Obviously we'd like someone better, but that may not be possible.

If we do however acquire a top 6 player like Doan, I see Raymond being traded for a depth defenceman, and Luongo being traded for a third line center and some picks and/or prospects.

Ya, I think Doan stays in Phx as well. Not sure about Lupul being attractive though. His contract expires next summer, and he's due for a big raise (likely more $$ than Kesler). Can't see them trading for a guy whose contract expires next summer - they already have some high profile UFAs next summer. But, as you said, you'd think a top 6 guy would be in a package if Doan signs elsewhere.

Up to now this off-season has stalled due to the lack of quality free agents. It wouldn't surprise me if there were at least 20 of the 30 teams who have had feelers out for one or more of Suter, Parise & Doan. This obviously blocks the rest of the transfer market. Nash and Luongo will no doubt be traded but lack of free agents has thrown up many variables.

I think you people are forgetting that Gudbranson is only 20 years old and was a top-3 pick. He's got big potential, If he maximizes his potential, i could see him turning into a Marc Staal. I would Ideally like to see a combination of Kulikov/Gudbranson/Matthias/Bjugstad (2 of them) for Luongo and Schroeder.

Archived