The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

It's not about the poker tourney, it's about getting the right return. He's got to meet the trading team in the middle and make a deal that is fair on both sides.

If MG makes a stupid deal just because message board regulars are too impatient and want a head start making sig pictures, then he should be fired.

I say it again best thing for MG to do is trade LUO ASAP!Otherwise season starts and it turns into another Bure thing and we get no respect and shortchanged for Luo.Waiting for mid summer to late is ok, but anymore and teams lose interest.

Exactly.

Fans that want a deal to get done for their own satisfaction or entertainment, instead of being patient and getting the best return possible, aren't very good fans.

This trade could impact the future of this organization.

Gillis could rush a trade and dump him for a bunch of spare parts and crappy picks. Or he can be patient and wait till a team gets desperate enough and trades us a young potential superstar.

I'm willing to wait if it means we get the young potential superstar.

I say it again best thing for MG to do is trade LUO ASAP!Otherwise season starts and it turns into another Bure thing and we get no respect and shortchanged for Luo.Waiting for mid summer to late is ok, but anymore and teams lose interest.

Exactly.

Fans that want a deal to get done for their own satisfaction or entertainment, instead of being patient and getting the best return possible, aren't very good fans.

This trade could impact the future of this organization.

Gillis could rush a trade and dump him for a bunch of spare parts and crappy picks. Or he can be patient and wait till a team gets desperate enough and trades us a young potential superstar.

I'm willing to wait if it means we get the young potential superstar.

Archived