The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

You're right but you're wasting your breath on GHL. He isn't a Nucks fan, he's a Lu fan. In his mind Lu made this team; the Sedins are garbage; he hopes Cory sh*ts the bed; the team is mediocre without Lu etc.

If you disagree with him, you don't understand hockey and are not a true Nucks fan.

I'm a die hard Nucks fan. I'm a Lu fan because he's a Vancouver Canucks and he's the best player we've got. If and when he's off the team, he's in enemy territory. In my mind, Lu made this team.

If you tap into your memory and that is, as a Canucks fan, you should remember longer than two years, you will see that most were saying it was team Luongo; that AV won because of Luongo and so on. You will also remember how mediocre and middle of the pack the Canucks were having paraded the likes of Auld, Cloutier, Ouellet, Noronen and McVicar in 2005 alone. Prior to that, and after McLean, the Canucks saw Cloutier, Auld, Hedberg, Skruda, Moss, Brochu, Essensa, Potvin, Snow, Weekes, Schwab, Michaud, Hirsh, Irbe and Burke.

The Sedins are not garbage. But they are defenseless. When a 23 year old with half the size of Daniel, repetedly punches him in the face on National TV without any retaliation, it doesn't look stoic; it looks soft. That's because the Sedins are soft players. Henrik might be durable healthwise, but there is not one mean bone in him and neither in Daniel. They are in fact Art Ross winners so they accumulate points; regular season points don't win Cups.

I certainly hope Schneider betters Luongo's numbers, athleticism and poise and does bring a Cup to Vancouver as well as win a few Vezinas. But the odds are against him doing so.

You can disagree all you want and you have the right to your own opinion. I for one believe that any team with Luongo on it is immensely better. In fact, I believe he is the key to a dynasty in Chicago; they have a better all around team but find themselves without a goaltender. I sure hope Luongo doesn't end up there because we'll have to hear you cry over and over again how the World is so unfair and that Gillis guy is an evil doer. Then again, YOU migh become a Chicago fan you bandwagon jumper.

The poster whom you answered this mocking post to is in fact right. The team left Luongo to fend for himself in the face of total adversity; a Boston team so pissed won the Cup.

Fact is, the Boston fans and media were 100% behind their team while Vancouver fans and media were busy destroying and nitpicking the Canucks into oblivion. Some of the worst media in North America has been assembled in Vancouver and the sheep just keep repeating what they hear and it ends up on CBC.

Thanks to "fans" like you, I will not see my Vancouver Canucks win the Cup.

I'm a die hard Nucks fan. I'm a Lu fan because he's a Vancouver Canucks and he's the best player we've got. If and when he's off the team, he's in enemy territory. In my mind, Lu made this team.

If you tap into your memory and that is, as a Canucks fan, you should remember longer than two years, you will see that most were saying it was team Luongo; that AV won because of Luongo and so on. You will also remember how mediocre and middle of the pack the Canucks were having paraded the likes of Auld, Cloutier, Ouellet, Noronen and McVicar in 2005 alone. Prior to that, and after McLean, the Canucks saw Cloutier, Auld, Hedberg, Skruda, Moss, Brochu, Essensa, Potvin, Snow, Weekes, Schwab, Michaud, Hirsh, Irbe and Burke.

The Sedins are not garbage. But they are defenseless. When a 23 year old with half the size of Daniel, repetedly punches him in the face on National TV without any retaliation, it doesn't look stoic; it looks soft. That's because the Sedins are soft players. Henrik might be durable healthwise, but there is not one mean bone in him and neither in Daniel. They are in fact Art Ross winners so they accumulate points; regular season points don't win Cups.

I certainly hope Schneider betters Luongo's numbers, athleticism and poise and does bring a Cup to Vancouver as well as win a few Vezinas. But the odds are against him doing so.

You can disagree all you want and you have the right to your own opinion. I for one believe that any team with Luongo on it is immensely better. In fact, I believe he is the key to a dynasty in Chicago; they have a better all around team but find themselves without a goaltender. I sure hope Luongo doesn't end up there because we'll have to hear you cry over and over again how the World is so unfair and that Gillis guy is an evil doer. Then again, YOU migh become a Chicago fan you bandwagon jumper.

The poster whom you answered this mocking post to is in fact right. The team left Luongo to fend for himself in the face of total adversity; a Boston team so pissed won the Cup.

Fact is, the Boston fans and media were 100% behind their team while Vancouver fans and media were busy destroying and nitpicking the Canucks into oblivion. Some of the worst media in North America has been assembled in Vancouver and the sheep just keep repeating what they hear and it ends up on CBC.

Thanks to "fans" like you, I will not see my Vancouver Canucks win the Cup.

Is this your best excuse for why our team hasn't won a cup?....well hopefully the right fans call in to team 1040 and all the rah rah writers write the articles because obviously the team is perfect and it's the media and fans holding them back from Stanley.

Have you ever woken up hating the prospects of going to work? Isn't it hard to get up? You get up much later and drag yourself around the house only to be late for work and be criticized by your boss, which only confirms the contempt you have for you present life situation.

Have you ever woken up loving the prospects of going to work? Isn't it easy to get up? You get up on time and jump around the house, you get to work early anticipating a good day and you see your boss arrives with a smile at the same time as you. He's happy you're there early and poised for work which in turn confirms you positive attitude for life.

Nothing is perfect. But the odds of winning the Stanley Cup are slim; why add to it by bringing the team down when they need our support the most? And you seriously cannot argue that the support behind the Canucks was fragile and media excluded, very local, whereas Boston's was concrete, desperate, fanatical, global and ferocious all the way down to the penalty box doorman who opened the door to Alberts only after Alberts knocked on the door for it to be opened. Meanwhile in Vancouver, the media was destroying Luongo and the fans listening to the media followed like sheep.

When the Canucks who, had they had local and therefore National support, would have had that extra push to win the Cup didn't win the cup, the confused sheep united to bring down their lot, calling foul to the hockey Gods, when in fact it was they who did not know how to walk in uncharted territory and subsequently practiced an ugly form of cannibalism.

We are talking about best player in Van? Doug Flutie does not make the list not even close.  Doug Flutie played 91 games in the NFL and threw 86 td to with 68 int, Matt Leinhart and Troy Smith say hello. One of the Shortest Qb's ever? Ya that has bearing in the argument, because short people rule.  Flutie was pretty much a fringe NFLER and the CFL is a joke, it just is.  Save for Bure? hmm?

Archived