The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Patience is critical for trading Lou. I personally cannot wait for him to get out of here... His 6 year window is up and it's time to move on.

My preferred trade:

To Van:

Gudbranson

2nd

To Fla:

Lou

Tanev

Take the Egos away DT and MG and come to an agreement. A blue chip for an accomplished All Star goalie with lots of juice left in the tank and a sweet cap hit. Fair Deal.

Patience is critical for trading Lou. I personally cannot wait for him to get out of here... His 6 year window is up and it's time to move on.

My preferred trade:

To Van:

Gudbranson

2nd

To Fla:

Lou

Tanev

Take the Egos away DT and MG and come to an agreement. A blue chip for an accomplished All Star goalie with lots of juice left in the tank and a sweet cap hit. Fair Deal.

My preferred trade:

To Van:

Gudbranson

2nd

To Fla:

Lou

Tanev

Note: If you are a fan of the Canucks and are comfortable with a trade proposal that would bring in certain players for Luongo (and/or other players), it is likely not a fair trade and likely will not take place...

However, there are maybe a handful of people who are realistic in their expectations...

Finally a deal that is realistic! Would not mind this trade at all, although we could probably also use one of Weiss, Bjugstad, Matthais, but I wonder how much it would take to pry Gudbranson and one of those centers

Let me guess what your idea is, Lu + Raymond + Ballard + Malhotra for every or any top notch player(s) from anywhere? Give me a break, it's one of the most realistic trades that have been proposed in this thread, we already know that Tallon is not giving up Gudbranson (top 3 prospect, pronger type potential) for Lu (aging goaltender with a hefty contract no matter how you want to look at it or justify it). We have to sweeten the deal to get one of their top prospects, or settle for a mediocre return and maybe even a bad contract, or let Lu sit on our bench and eat up 5.33 mill in cap space that could be used for a top 6 winger and get some depth scoring that is sorely needed in the playoffs. Give your head a shake and take your homer blinders off.

In my opinion I see 3 scenarios

1. We add in a good sweetener with Lu (ex Tanev) and get a prospect with GREAT potential back OR a solid top 6 player back and small pieces, we either get top 6 through the trade or can sign one with newly cleared cap space

2. We trade JUST Lu and get a mediocre/okay return and maybe even a bad contract (refer to apparent leafs offerings of kulemin/Komisarek type players, or lecavalier from TB a couple months ago, etc) and not be able to sign any quality top 6 help cause of bad contract back

3. We let Lu be the best backup in the league, create drama all season, and have 5.33 mill in cap space on the bench not contributing at all for 70%+ of the season, and therefore also unable to acquire a top 6 forward because of salary cap

I don't know if you're capable of making a non-homer decision, but option 1 sounds best...

Archived