Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanuckRow

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

4,387 posts in this topic

Note: If you are a fan of the Canucks and are comfortable with a trade proposal that would bring in certain players for Luongo (and/or other players), it is likely not a fair trade and likely will not take place...

However, there are maybe a handful of people who are realistic in their expectations...

Finally a deal that is realistic! Would not mind this trade at all, although we could probably also use one of Weiss, Bjugstad, Matthais, but I wonder how much it would take to pry Gudbranson and one of those centers

Gudbranson is FAR better than Tanev. Just saying.

What a dumb trade. We're trading away a blue-liner who's proved himself this season for an unproven rookie, then we trade an accomplished goalie for a 2nd ROUND pick? Garbage.

Lu for future consideration.

jk

Let me guess what your idea is, Lu + Raymond + Ballard + Malhotra for every or any top notch player(s) from anywhere? Give me a break, it's one of the most realistic trades that have been proposed in this thread, we already know that Tallon is not giving up Gudbranson (top 3 prospect, pronger type potential) for Lu (aging goaltender with a hefty contract no matter how you want to look at it or justify it). We have to sweeten the deal to get one of their top prospects, or settle for a mediocre return and maybe even a bad contract, or let Lu sit on our bench and eat up 5.33 mill in cap space that could be used for a top 6 winger and get some depth scoring that is sorely needed in the playoffs. Give your head a shake and take your homer blinders off.

In my opinion I see 3 scenarios

1. We add in a good sweetener with Lu (ex Tanev) and get a prospect with GREAT potential back OR a solid top 6 player back and small pieces, we either get top 6 through the trade or can sign one with newly cleared cap space

2. We trade JUST Lu and get a mediocre/okay return and maybe even a bad contract (refer to apparent leafs offerings of kulemin/Komisarek type players, or lecavalier from TB a couple months ago, etc) and not be able to sign any quality top 6 help cause of bad contract back

3. We let Lu be the best backup in the league, create drama all season, and have 5.33 mill in cap space on the bench not contributing at all for 70%+ of the season, and therefore also unable to acquire a top 6 forward because of salary cap

I don't know if you're capable of making a non-homer decision, but option 1 sounds best...

What a dumb trade. We're trading away a blue-liner who's proved himself this season for an unproven rookie, then we trade an accomplished goalie for a 2nd ROUND pick? Garbage.

News Flash

Its been reported that Luongo may be on the trade market and Further that he MAY actually be traded before his contract runs out!

Film at 11!

BOS

Nash

CBJ

Schneider

BOS 1st

VAN 1st

VAN

Lucic

J. R. Umberger

--------------------------

Sign Doan

Sign Turco

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - DOAN

LUCIC - J. R. UMBERGER - BOOTH

HIGGINS - LAPIERRE - BURROWS

RAYMOND - MALHOLTRA - KASSIAN

HAMHUIS - BIEKSA

GARRISSON - EDLER

BALLARD - TANEV

LUONGO

TURCO

Weber becomes available at around the same time Kesler returns. It's his line to gain. He has three choices.

Regain 2C position against Umberger,

Regain 3C position against Lapierre,

Try to position against Doan, Booth or Burrows.

The Canucks hold the cards. Find your way in or dive your way out. Nashville would love to have a Kesler type.

The Canucks then have a choice to go with either:

H. SEDIN

J. R. UMBERGER

KESLER

OR

GARRISSON - WEBER

HAMHUIS - BIEKSA

BOS

Nash

CBJ

Schneider

BOS 1st

VAN 1st

VAN

Lucic

J. R. Umberger

--------------------------

Sign Doan

Sign Turco

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - DOAN

LUCIC - J. R. UMBERGER - BOOTH

HIGGINS - LAPIERRE - BURROWS

RAYMOND - MALHOLTRA - KASSIAN

HAMHUIS - BIEKSA

GARRISSON - EDLER

BALLARD - TANEV

LUONGO

TURCO

Weber becomes available at around the same time Kesler returns. It's his line to gain. He has three choices.

Regain 2C position against Umberger,

Regain 3C position against Lapierre,

Try to position against Doan, Booth or Burrows.

The Canucks hold the cards. Find your way in or dive your way out. Nashville would love to have a Kesler type.

The Canucks then have a choice to go with either:

H. SEDIN

J. R. UMBERGER

KESLER

OR

GARRISSON - WEBER

HAMHUIS - BIEKSA

Roberto Luongo Doubles Up; Almost Confirms He’s Been Traded to the Florida Panthers

Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo came in to Day 4 with just 1/3 of an average stack but a double-up early in the level has him back in the game. Luongo moved all-in from middle position after the player to his right raised to 11,000. Luongo’s opponent called the additional 70,000 and turned over 7 7. Luongo was racing with A Q. The Q T 5 flop brought instant relief for Luongo and the 2 turn and Q river were safe cards for the Olympic gold medal winner. After the hand Luongo was sitting on a stack of 173,000.

Hockey fans in Vancouver have been eating up the coverage of their star goalie, Roberto Luongo, as he plays in his first WSOP Main Event. He might not be their goalie for much longer though, if you read between the lines of a conversation Luongo had with another player at his table, Kamran Siddiqui.

“You played for my hometown team,” said Siddiqui, who is from Miami.

“Who’s that?” asked Luongo.

“The Florida Panthers,” answered Siddiqui.

“Oh yeah, I might be going back there,” said Luongo, while smiling.

“Yeah?” asked Siddiqui.

“Might be,” replied Luongo.

Shortly after the bubble burst Luongo was eliminated. He finished 634th for $19,227.

Why do i get the feeling that there is a secret bidding war going for lu. There must be at least 6 teams in the running for lu

Why do i get the feeling that there is a secret bidding war going for lu. There must be at least 6 teams in the running for lu