The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Remember when we traded for Roberto..does anyone remember if there were any rumours or even any hint that something that would happen?

or was it more outta the blue like the jeff carter and mike richards trades?

Now correct if i am wrong but if we want a big top 6 forward that can score and has been proven in the playoffs what was wrong with the supposed Lecavalier deal that was in place. Last I checked I think he fills that void. Granted he has a high price tag but it sounds like Doans number is going to be right in the same ball park. If Florida and Toronto dont want to offer up what we want maybe see if the Tampa bay is still willing to part with Lecavalier. I think that could help our void at Center.

Now correct if i am wrong but if we want a big top 6 forward that can score and has been proven in the playoffs what was wrong with the supposed Lecavalier deal that was in place. Last I checked I think he fills that void. Granted he has a high price tag but it sounds like Doans number is going to be right in the same ball park. If Florida and Toronto dont want to offer up what we want maybe see if the Tampa bay is still willing to part with Lecavalier. I think that could help our void at Center.

I think the Luongo deal is basically on hold until the Doan situation is figured out, If Doan goes elsewhere, I think Luongo for Versteeg is very possible. If Doan comes here, I think Luongo for one of their top prospects is possible aswell,

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Story developing as per TO source: If Luongo goes to #FLAPanthersexpect Theodore to be traded to #Leafs and make a duo with Reimer.

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Also hearing #Leafs have diminished interest in Luongo now that#FLAPanthers stepped up their offer and could be turning to another goalie.

Archived