The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

You have to think Vancouver's askin price is a Roster Player, back up goalie, A-level prospect, and possibly a pick. I assume the only thing that is holding the trade up would be the prospect. Gillis wants the moon but Tallon isn't eager on giving it up. My guess is a trade won't happen until mid to late August.

Personally, I don't think Luongo will be moved before Shane Doan signs somewhere.

I think the chances of Doan moving from Phoenix are increasing by the day. Its far from set that the team stays in Phoenix right now as the money isn't in the bank yet. Until it is, the deal isn't done.

If you're Doan, you probably want to know where your kids are going to go to school fairly early here and I don't see him letting this run much past the end of July without making a final decision.

Now...If you're Vancouver and putting hypothetically 5 million per on the table for him while you're already about 5 million to the cap ceiling, you probably want to make sure you have that available until the situation plays out.

If by some crazy happening Doan actually signs up here (if he moves, I think we're about 50% based on relationship, chance of cup and Doan and wife being close to family), it drastically changes what this teams needs are and what we need back for Luongo.

If Doan is on the team, we either have to structure a trade that moves more than just Luongo, or we accept that we aren't looking for pieces that we fully expect to be on the team next year. More to looking at prospects and picks.

Just my opinion, but I'll be really surprised if anything happens before we find out where Doan is staying / landing.

You have to think Vancouver's askin price is a Roster Player, back up goalie, A-level prospect, and possibly a pick. I assume the only thing that is holding the trade up would be the prospect. Gillis wants the moon but Tallon isn't eager on giving it up. My guess is a trade won't happen until mid to late August.

Pierre LeBrun@Pierre__LeBrun

BREAKING NEWS: Canucks trade G Roberto Luongo to Blackhawks for C Dave Bolland, Viktor Stahlberg, and a 2014 1st round pick

real fake? whats up?

idk if its a fake account just saw it and thought i would post it

Archived