The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I don't think they want a roster player from the Panthers. I don't see enough Cap room left if they did so and still wanted to be able to sign Doan.

That could change if Doan signed elsewhere, but I have to believe that if Tallon were willing to part with a couple of the 2nd tier prospects, (Bjugstad, Howden, Matthias, Petrovic) a deal could be made tomorrow.

My guess is that Tallon wants MG to take on some salary and that is what's holding things up.

Once the Shane Doan issue is resolved, it should make things a lot clearer. Gillis might be willing to take a player from the roster if Doan signs in Phoenix, etc. and he wouldn't be able to if he managed to bring Doan to Vancouver.

Maybe fundamentally, Luongo doesn't, want to move. He did sign long term in Vancouver, assuming he'd be staying.

He got thrown under the bus by his own coach in favor of a rookie, but Hodgson was never given a rightful spot by Kesler's injury and Kassian will is a Lucic being turned into a Bernier. What AV pulled usually costs the coach's job promptly.

Luongo then only mentions Florida (home) and Chicago (biggest Canucks rival). To me it sounds as if it is by design he mentioned those teams so as to stay in Vancouver.

Move the kid for some offense and LU'll get you the Cup.

Move LU out and every year the Canucks chances to win a Cup let alone make the playoffs decrease.

LU ought to be heavily motivated to regain his rightful position against a rookie goalie. If so, the cheers will come back fast and all will be forgotten. He's only a few saves from doing so.

Except for the ever hating Vancouver media and its hateful listening fans who will concentrate on hating LU and demand Gillis' head because of an "atrocious" cap hit on goaltending wreason reality, such numbers are more than all of them combined will ever see in a lifetime and therefore do not understand to say the least.

I do realize that 90% of Vancouver fans are of the good kind. That 10% obnoxiously poor and narrow minded, self righteous loser kind is the problem we all face. They are loud, they want to destroy our team and they don't know how to handle adversity outside of firing, giving up as running someone out of town like an 1800's bar murder.

You know who you are.

Rest assure that if that kind of trade would happen the twitter world, CDC, Hawks Forums, Leafs Forums, TSN, Sportsnet would all be in an absolute uproar... oh and the 3 flordia fans would be pretty bummed too.

so let me see if I follow...

keep Lu

shouldn't have traded Hodgson - he never got his rightful spot

fire AV - he threw Lu under the bus

Kassian will be a failure due to AV

Lu is trying to make it difficult to trade him

Trade Schneider

Without Lu the Canucks will go straight downhill

Hateful media and fans - fans don't make enough money to understand MG or Lu.

90% are good / 10% are the destructive, fire people and run others out of town type.

Something about someone being self aware.

you got the some of the media being hateful part right.

Here's a couple things on Luongo from Elliotte Friedman's column:

25. Let's look at some player situations. First, Roberto Luongo. It's not exactly a state secret that he wants to go to Florida and in a perfect world, the Canucks would send him there. There's a bit of a stalemate now, as the Panthers feel Vancouver is asking too much and the Canucks feel Florida is squeezing too hard. One of the issues is prospects. Florida, which has done a great job stocking the system, is understandably unwilling to move Jacob Markstrom, Erik Gudbranson or Jonathan Huberdeau. An educated guess is that Vancouver has inquired about the "next level" of talented youth, like a Nick Bjugstad or Quinton Howden. Don't think Florida likes that, either. So, between that and the fact the Canucks don't want to take bad salary in return, things aren't really moving at this time.

if we do trade luongo to fld I really hope versteeg doesn't come back he is to small and is a fa next season and will earn around 4million rather get kopecky cheaper bigger got 20assists the last two season with kesler and booth probably 30+assist has playoff experience from chicago

luongo

malhotra

kopecky

goc

seabrook

1st rd 2014

sedins burrows

booth kesler kopecky

higgins goc hansen

volpatti lappy pinizzotto

Archived