The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

kopecky with kesler and booth will get atleast 30assist+ last year he got 27assists he is a great playmaker that big to built for the playoffs.

and the your trade will never happen weiss has a ntc and is like burrows to them matthias won't come back and you add the first keep trying :picard::picard::picard::picard::picard:

This isnt even a luongo rumor thread anymore, it's a buncha guys sitting around pulling florida players out their a$$

Then people are talking like doan is already on the team and like we lost weber.

News flash people!! Luongo is not worth the farm, that is probably the reason this thread is 4,000,000 pages long, no team NEEDS him more than promising prospects.

Florida doesn't even need a goalie, they are top 10 in GAA, and in the playoffs, Theodore looked solid. I'm almost positive Florida's interest is completely blown out of proportion. TO and FLA probably inquired, then quickly looked the other way when Gillis told them what he wanted.

This is not X-Box you can't just pluck stuff out of your bum to make a blockbuster deal.

BC is a big Provence, just because you are born in BC does not mean you will murder to play in Vancouver!! I moved far away from my hometown, why? Cause i want to see and exerience other places without my mom!!

What 28 year old millionaire wants to be close to his parents or mooching family members Anyway!

That basically covers everything I'm pissed off at right now, have a good night and stop looking like douchebags!

First guy to correct my grammar is my hero!

Hmm seems to me the league was talking about Schneider quite a bit this season. I`m sure most of the league knows how good he is too. He is a Jennings winner after all.

Lack of depth up the middle? I'd say the fact that we have a recent Art Ross winner and a Selke winner down the middle puts us in a better position than most. We just need a third line center.

Lack of size? Kassian will have a bigger role next season. Garrison is big and much more physical than Salo. And we still have yet to see what comes back in the Luongo trade. Plus the addition of Doan definitely improves our size.

Those concerns can be addressed much more easy than the other concerns of the other teams I mentioned.

The Canucks have a 1C and the best 3C the game has to offer. What they need is a legitimate 2nd threat down the middle.

After seeing what Florida is NOT willing to part with, Toronto low ball deals look better and those aren't good enough to me either.

IF the theory of adding Garisson to the "best defense in the league" stands as fact,

IF the theory that Schneider is ready for prime time and/ or Luongo has asked for a trade and/ or has conceited to being moved, stands as fact,

IF the reason the Canucks did not win the Cup and have had a relative hard time in the playoffs due to a lack of scoring and not a lack of defense and/ or goaltending, stands as fact,

Then the only trade that makes sense for the Canucks is the acquisition of a legitimate 1C/ 2C to put the Canucks on par with L.A., San Jose and Pittsburgh.

VAN

Lecavalier

TBL

Luongo

--------------------

Sign Doan

Sign Turco

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - DOAN

BOOTH - LECAVALIER - KASSIAN

BURROWS - KESLER - HANSEN

HIGGINS- LAPIERRE - _________

BIEKSA - HAMHUIS

EDLER - GARRISSON

TANEV - __________

ALBERTS

SCHNEIDER

TURCO

Tradable extras:

Ballard

Raymond

Time to cut the fat.

Hmm seems to me the league was talking about Schneider quite a bit this season. I`m sure most of the league knows how good he is too. He is a Jennings winner after all.

Lack of depth up the middle? I'd say the fact that we have a recent Art Ross winner and a Selke winner down the middle puts us in a better position than most. We just need a third line center.

Lack of size? Kassian will have a bigger role next season. Garrison is big and much more physical than Salo. And we still have yet to see what comes back in the Luongo trade. Plus the addition of Doan definitely improves our size.

Those concerns can be addressed much more easy than the other concerns of the other teams I mentioned.

The Canucks have a 1C and the best 3C the game has to offer. What they need is a legitimate 2nd threat down the middle.

After seeing what Florida is NOT willing to part with, Toronto low ball deals look better and those aren't good enough to me either.

IF the theory of adding Garisson to the "best defense in the league" stands as fact,

IF the theory that Schneider is ready for prime time and/ or Luongo has asked for a trade and/ or has conceited to being moved, stands as fact,

IF the reason the Canucks did not win the Cup and have had a relative hard time in the playoffs due to a lack of scoring and not a lack of defense and/ or goaltending, stands as fact,

Then the only trade that makes sense for the Canucks is the acquisition of a legitimate 1C/ 2C to put the Canucks on par with L.A., San Jose and Pittsburgh.

VAN

Lecavalier

TBL

Luongo

--------------------

Sign Doan

Sign Turco

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - DOAN

BOOTH - LECAVALIER - KASSIAN

BURROWS - KESLER - HANSEN

HIGGINS- LAPIERRE - _________

BIEKSA - HAMHUIS

EDLER - GARRISSON

TANEV - __________

ALBERTS

SCHNEIDER

TURCO

Tradable extras:

Ballard

Raymond

Time to cut the fat.

make FLA wait then if they're being cheap. I think Luongo will be professional enough to not create a distraction if he's not traded right away in the off season. By december and FLA finally realizes they couldn't duplicate their fluke season with clemmensen/theo combo, Tallon will come back to Gillis with an offer Gillis will like.

Ellerby won't do. The Panthers were debating whether to qualify him or not. He's big, skates well, is only 23, but they haven't been blown away by his development. I wouldn't shake a stick at him, but he is another lefty - not really what the Nucks need. Petrovic is younger (and also 'unproven') but I'd much rather acquire him as a second piece in a Luongo deal.

Just want to point out that Schneids is the man. He signed a pre-emptive contract that hamstrung the teams that were looking to offer sheet him - confirms what he has been in his years as an upcoming Canuck - a real team guy. In light of the fact that Weber, the captain of the Preds, held out after his team had already lost Suter, I'd say the Canucks are pretty fortunate to have a character guy like Schneider make that commitment in good faith. I hope the team rewards him by playing some mad hockey in front of him. Weber - meh. Extremely pleased that MG signed Garrison, and hoping that a certain right winger, power forward, very loyal guy, also a captain, winds up opting for his best chance of winning a Cup...

The heat is getting to me. I was dreaming that Gillis would find a way to get Weber. If it was all about the money then another route seems more prudent. Having that Norris quality dman could make the dif with this Canuck group. Maybe Gillis is saving his bank account for Doan.

I thought Lu was really strong last season playing behind a team that was running on fumes. Another year here wouldn't hurt his value. a 50/50 split or riding the hot goalie wouldn't exactly hurt this team. 9mil in the crease is only barely the highest combined salary. While I don't think we should try to retain both, I don't think starting the season with two netminders would be the end of the world, or damage trade values.

No trades for the sake of trades. Proper value or no deal.

Well it's been reported that Gillis wanted Gudbranson and a 1st, Weiss and a 1st, or Versteeg and a 1st.

Goc and Kopecky are third liners at best. 32 points isn't gonna cut it in our top 6.

Gillis needs to get 1 top 6 forward, a depth player, and a pick to make it a successful trade. Weiss should be the center piece of the trade, and Matthias is expendable for them since they have Mueller and Goc already. And the first is just standard for a trade involving a big player.

Gillis isn't gonna take their garbage. They've gotta offer 1 of their top players if they want a top player in return.

I thought Lu was really strong last season playing behind a team that was running on fumes. Another year here wouldn't hurt his value. a 50/50 split or riding the hot goalie wouldn't exactly hurt this team. 9mil in the crease is only barely the highest combined salary. While I don't think we should try to retain both, I don't think starting the season with two netminders would be the end of the world, or damage trade values.

No trades for the sake of trades. Proper value or no deal.

Yes. People are starting to make sense around here.

I don't know which has become more annoying: LU haters or Schneids lovers.

Either way, for Schneider's sake, I do agree that a 50/50 split could do wonders for Schneider. Only then ought we become confident, that Luongo could be traded and only by then would teams understand their situations regarding their own goaltending, thereby increasing Luongo and Schneider's values.

Archived