The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

So tell me. What's the difference between Scnheider "being vocal" about wanting the 1G position, essentially going above Luongo's head and Hodgson "being vocal" about wanting Kesler's spot while Kesler was injured?

Hodgson was shipped out and Schneider gets the job?

Something is not working in all of this. Something smells really bad.

It is only worth it to trade him if we get back a good return otherwise giving up an All-star goaltender does not help the team. Even though we have goaltenders in full supply it isn't good to lose a player of Loui's talent level because it is likely the players(and/or picks) we get won't match Luongo's level of output. But if a few of those pieces help us win a cup then it is totally best for the team but we can't judge that until we see the return and its effect here in Vancouver.

Personally, I'm more in favour of acquiring some solid prospects for Louie than I am "pieces that help us win a Cup" The Canucks' prospect pool is pretty shallow right now and we need the Cap room if we want to sign Shane Doan (who in my book is the piece that helps us in winning a Cup)

However, if Tallon, Yzerman, Bowman or Burke cannot be convinced to part with some of their better prospects, then I agree that hanging on to Luongo serves the team better than acquiring someone else's castoffs.

You know that if Gillis doesn`t get what he wants in a trade from Leafs or Panthers that he wont execute it. So Luongo still a Canuck at season opener as a backup, you gotta think maybe those teams get more desperate as Reimer Scrivens Theodore Clemmenson get lit up and are willing to come closer to the price that Gillis is demanding. Or maybe Luongo will be more willing to go to more teams. Now this next part is gonna sound ridiculous, Columbus. Yes I said it, I can dream damn it, just posting what im thinking. I think Columbus would be willing to pay Gilllis high price (roster player, top prospect, pick) because I believe they will get more trade assets back in Nash trade. As of right now, the dream is

Luongo to CBJ

Johansen + Murray + 1st to VAN

*drools*

Philly needs a goalie in the worst way. I don't think Philly is out of the question because this team is close to Florida and Philly would be considered a contender with better goal tending.

If the Weber signing goes through Philly would have to move players to get Luongo too,. It tells you where they think Pronger is going with his injury. He may never come back and that gives them cash and cap space.

Even with Weber ,Philly still needs a goalie.

Philly needs a goalie in the worst way. I don't think Philly is out of the question because this team is close to Florida and Philly would be considered a contender with better goal tending.

If the Weber signing goes through Philly would have to move players to get Luongo too,. It tells you where they think Pronger is going with his injury. He may never come back and that gives them cash and cap space.

Personally, I'm more in favour of acquiring some solid prospects for Louie than I am "pieces that help us win a Cup" The Canucks' prospect pool is pretty shallow right now and we need the Cap room if we want to sign Shane Doan (who in my book is the piece that helps us in winning a Cup)

However, if Tallon, Yzerman, Bowman or Burke cannot be convinced to part with some of their better prospects, then I agree that hanging on to Luongo serves the team better than acquiring someone else's castoffs.

You know that if Gillis doesn`t get what he wants in a trade from Leafs or Panthers that he wont execute it. So Luongo still a Canuck at season opener as a backup, you gotta think maybe those teams get more desperate as Reimer Scrivens Theodore Clemmenson get lit up and are willing to come closer to the price that Gillis is demanding. Or maybe Luongo will be more willing to go to more teams. Now this next part is gonna sound ridiculous, Columbus. Yes I said it, I can dream damn it, just posting what im thinking. I think Columbus would be willing to pay Gilllis high price (roster player, top prospect, pick) because I believe they will get more trade assets back in Nash trade. As of right now, the dream is

Luongo to CBJ

Johansen + Murray + 1st to VAN

*drools*

Archived