The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I think so and didn't Schenn spend time in the dog house this year too? I like his physical game but too much of a gamble for a straight up Luongo swap. I remember watching one Leaf game against Florida where Schenn whiffed on the puck and the Panthers scored 10 seconds in.

Edler and Schenn could be a nightmare in there own zone.

I think we saw an example of 2 classy GM's tonight doing the right thing for a player and still getting what they want, Shero and Rutherford for J. Staal. If Luongo really wants to be in Florida because of his family, Gillis should do the right thing and as a way of respect to Luongo and thanks to his years here, find a way to get it done and stop dragging this sh*t on for so long. Yes, even if Gudbranson isn't coming back this way and we get 2 players back in return named Sturm and Samuelson ... j/k about the last part. .

Good on Gillis for refusing the one for one Schenn for Luango offer (if reports are accurate). Given how long Schenn's name has been ought there its obvious he can make that deal anytime. Presently, it can only discourage Schultz from coming our way. On a related subject, I wonder if the Leaf's drafting the top rated offensive D man signals that they don't like their chances of securing the Anaheim dodger.

I think we saw an example of 2 classy GM's tonight doing the right thing for a player and still getting what they want, Shero and Rutherford for J. Staal. If Luongo really wants to be in Florida because of his family, Gillis should do the right thing and as a way of respect to Luongo and thanks to his years here, find a way to get it done and stop dragging this sh*t on for so long. Yes, even if Gudbranson isn't coming back this way and we get 2 players back in return named Sturm and Samuelson ... j/k about the last part. .

Schenn is a defensive guy... Schenn got into trouble cause Leafs wanted him to get into the play more, Schenn is a defensive D man and he would work well with Edler and their both big guys who hit hard! Schenn can look after the defensive part and let Edler go with the offensive part. Schenn would be a great fit with this D core with how it's made up now.

He be more screwed if he makes a trade under pressure, and in the end, it's not a very good trade, Canucks fans like yourself me, everyone else will be pissed. no trade is better then a bad trade.

Just sayin'. You don't know what's going on. Obviously the offeres presented to him was not good enough. That's why no trade was made. He screw the team over if he makes a bad trade.

Just sayin.

He be more screwed if he makes a trade under pressure, and in the end, it's not a very good trade, Canucks fans like yourself me, everyone else will be pissed. no trade is better then a bad trade.

Just sayin'. You don't know what's going on. Obviously the offeres presented to him was not good enough. That's why no trade was made. He screw the team over if he makes a bad trade.

Just sayin.

I really disagree with you. Schenn was rushed and had the weight of a really bad Leafs team on his shoulders which was hyped up as a playoff team and Schenn as the next Weber, this is all asking for trouble from a young player. Schenn had a great rookie season but after it Leafs want Schenn to develop more of an offensive game and this is were the problems happened, Schenn should be focused on his game and he'll be fine, Schenn also never had the solid veteran leadership to help him and he'll get that here, I think Schenn coming to Vancouver would improve his game in a huge way. He brings everything we need on the blue line.

Archived