The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Gillman has already said the team has room to match any offer sheet and wouldn't think twice. Schnieder is going to get between 4-5 million anyway - so an offer sheet wouldn't be a terrible issue. And if you think it hampers the trade route - get real, everyone knows Gillis has to/will sign Schnieder anyway...any offer sheet doesn't do anything.

Saying it'll screw over the team for 'years to come' is hyperbolic none sense. I'd much prefer to take Gillman at his word about not working from a position of fear than the CDC's headless chicken panic-mode.

Now will those of you who thought he was gonna get Gudbranson get a clue once and for all?!!

Gillis stating he's the problem is a problem for me. If he allows Cory to get an offer sheet thrown at him, he will have screwed this organization for years to come.

Schneider's getting traded, it's inevitable. As much as I want to see him starting next year, the return for Luongo simply isn't good enough for Gillis to pull the trigger.

наилучшими пожеланиями,

Матушка Россия

I'm not convinced that Schenn is the best the Canucks can get for Lu. MG and Gilman feel that the defense is already quite steady and seem to be high on Connauton. The UFA crop is not great but a guy like Bryan Allen is not a bad option if he is willing to sign for less. If Garrison becomes available, he is also an interesting option but his price might be too high.

What the Canucks need now is more depth at forward in terms of size. I think thats the hockey trade that MG is looking for with some depth D thrown in. And that's what makes TO an odd trading partner.

As an aside, the more I think of it, the Canucks could use a winger like Justin Williams for Kes. Obviously Williams is not available but would a guy like Versteeg in Fla be an option? He's small so that works against the goal of getting bigger, but he's won a cup and he has produced on two offensively challenged teams... As long as he never raps again, I would be ok with seeing him in a Canucks uni. He's an rfa though - not sure how much it would take to re-sign him if he is acquired.

Tallon: we’re not willing to give up any of our top prospect.\

Even if you take Gudbranson, Huberdeau and Kulikov out of the equation, Florida still has a lot more to deal with than the Leafs...

Bjugstad or Matthias could be good fits - I'd like to see/know more about Petrovic - sounds like the type of attributes the Canucks could use. Perhaps a few parts as opposed to one of the untouchables would make a good hockey trade. I'm glad Gillis is being patient. I think people are wrongly assuming that Schneider will not sign if Luongo isn't traded yet - that's not what his agent implied. No worries - Gillis will work out a good deal and it will be better than Schenn and Komisarek ::D... I also think Tallon wanted to know what he was getting out of the draft before moving prospects...

I'm not convinced that Schenn is the best the Canucks can get for Lu. MG and Gilman feel that the defense is already quite steady and seem to be high on Connauton. The UFA crop is not great but a guy like Bryan Allen is not a bad option if he is willing to sign for less. If Garrison becomes available, he is also an interesting option but his price might be too high.

What the Canucks need now is more depth at forward in terms of size. I think thats the hockey trade that MG is looking for with some depth D thrown in. And that's what makes TO an odd trading partner.

As an aside, the more I think of it, the Canucks could use a winger like Justin Williams for Kes. Obviously Williams is not available but would a guy like Versteeg in Fla be an option? He's small so that works against the goal of getting bigger, but he's won a cup and he has produced on two offensively challenged teams... As long as he never raps again, I would be ok with seeing him in a Canucks uni. He's an rfa though - not sure how much it would take to re-sign him if he is acquired.

I guess we're not the only ones talking about this. Puck Daddy's take - http://sports.yahoo....NZqLtZEPgp7vLYF.

I think Burke has to really change his philosophy to take on Luongo. Burke's hope was to grow Reimer or Scrivens into starters. I think Burke wanted a veteran for 1 or 2 years (Brodeur might fit the bill, or Thomas if he was willing to play). Taking on Luongo effectively means that you have to move in another direction saddled with a long contract. Then he will have to move either Reimer or Scrivens.

Archived