The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I think it's safe to say Burke is upset with MG's price for Lu, trades away a key piece to a possible deal, and screws the Leafs and us over. How the Leafs? No Lu = no playoffs. How us? Have both goalies in an uncertain situation. Burke could care less, he knows he'a gonna get fired.

Can 90% think TO is off the Lu list - time to talk with Florida.

@NHLSourcesSay

Trading within Lu within the division? Yeah right.

Eeew Sam Gagner coming back the other way? No way I'd want that. Plus I think Edmonton has something good in Dubnyk. Not sure they'd want Luongo.

Didn't GMMG say that he isn't scared of trading within the division if the trade makes the Canucks a better team?

I don't recall but I'd think that if he traded Samuelsson, Hodgson, and Grabner as far away from Vancouver and the Western Conference as possible there's no way he'll keep Luongo in our own division.

Gagner? Really? We really don't need an undersized forward, esp of we keep Raymond and maybe have Schroeder here next year. The team seems unsure of its identity right now, are we big and tough? Or small speedy and skilled? I think a decision to go bigger and tougher was made with the kassian and booth trades and we need to stay the course (hence why I would've loved Schenn)

Gagner? Really? We really don't need an undersized forward, esp of we keep Raymond and maybe have Schroeder here next year. The team seems unsure of its identity right now, are we big and tough? Or small speedy and skilled? I think a decision to go bigger and tougher was made with the kassian and booth trades and we need to stay the course (hence why I would've loved Schenn)

Archived