The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

To be honest - I don't believe the Luongo is forcing the issue rumours - but I almost hope they are true. I will be happy as hell if he goes to Florida and would be willing to take slightly less to make that happen - no I'm not being sentimental and I know this is business etc, but I see Tallon as a reasonable guy who is likely to work out what is a fair deal, and the massive payoff would be getting to listen to the ongoing Leafs dilemma and the second guessing of their public devaluation of Luongo, their ignorant game playing, and the idea that they are in a position to play "hardball" with the Canucks. Suck it Leafs. Luongo didn't whine when Schneider was given games 3, 4 and 5 - he might have said no comment after game 5, but what he did say was the most professional comment that could be asked of him under the circumstances, and not only that, he praised Schneider and acknowledged that he is going to be a star in this league for a very long time. It was a sad day to see Luongo not get a Cup here - he may not put the team on his shoulders every night, but he sure as hell tries as hard as anyone to. I hope he gets exactly what he wants out of this situation, and I hope he goes to the Panthers and makes them Eastern Conference Champions next year - we'll see you in the SCF Roberto.

I am all for Brian Campbell. He is the exact Ehrhoff factor the Sedins were missing this season so dearly. People tend to forget how well the Sedins thrived under a true puck moving defenseman that knew exactly how to jump into the play. It's like playing with 4 forwards out there at times.

This is EXACTLY what we were missing this year.

A 7.1 mill hit isn't too bad if you put it into perspective, guys. Would you rather have a backup Luongo at 5.3 and a Malholtra at 2.5 or a Campbell at 7.1, a guy who could jumpstart the Sedins back to 100 point seasons?

Lol, Luongo is the douche? After so many successful seasons and many great years for luongo, our fans bash him after few playoff crumbles, in which the team in front of him left him hung out to dry. Luongo didn't deserve to be jeered/booed in his OWN ARENA EVER! But yet it happened. I still clearly remeber the game against NYR when he was jeered when he came out to handle the puck. Absolutely brutal. I felt embarressed to be a Canucks fan at that point.

Lu is better off leaving here, and it's HIS choice where he goes. Don't like it? Well then don't expect much back in a trade, because we asked for this.

To be honest - I don't believe the Luongo is forcing the issue rumours - but I almost hope they are true. I will be happy as hell if he goes to Florida and would be willing to take slightly less to make that happen - no I'm not being sentimental and I know this is business etc, but I see Tallon as a reasonable guy who is likely to work out what is a fair deal, and the massive payoff would be getting to listen to the ongoing Leafs dilemma and the second guessing of their public devaluation of Luongo, their ignorant game playing, and the idea that they are in a position to play "hardball" with the Canucks. Suck it Leafs. Luongo didn't whine when Schneider was given games 3, 4 and 5 - he might have said no comment after game 5, but what he did say was the most professional comment that could be asked of him under the circumstances, and not only that, he praised Schneider and acknowledged that he is going to be a star in this league for a very long time. It was a sad day to see Luongo not get a Cup here - he may not put the team on his shoulders every night, but he sure as hell tries as hard as anyone to. I hope he gets exactly what he wants out of this situation, and I hope he goes to the Panthers and makes them Eastern Conference Champions next year - we'll see you in the SCF Roberto.

I am all for Brian Campbell. He is the exact Ehrhoff factor the Sedins were missing this season so dearly. People tend to forget how well the Sedins thrived under a true puck moving defenseman that knew exactly how to jump into the play. It's like playing with 4 forwards out there at times.

This is EXACTLY what we were missing this year.

A 7.1 mill hit isn't too bad if you put it into perspective, guys. Would you rather have a backup Luongo at 5.3 and a Malholtra at 2.5 or a Campbell at 7.1, a guy who could jumpstart the Sedins back to 100 point seasons?

An email was just sent from Tallon to Gillis:

Hi Mike,

I'm drafting the final trade agreement between us for Luongo and our 7th round pick. I thought, to be fair, I should give you a firm 7th pick over 'future consideration', because that would be unfair and I would not do that to you. The only question I have for you is, do you want 2013 or 2014 7th pick?

Sincerely,

Dale Tallon

Archived