The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

we have all the leverage, we have the asset, we have them under contract, lu has an ego that will break eventually sitting on the bench, the other asset is cory, we also have rights to him. The only way we lose cory is through an offer sheet. which would have to be enormous for us not to match, which equals picks coming back, ... or the threat.. sign the contract or we trade your rights to columbus.

We don't even use ballard, we could easily dump his contract or demote him and thats 4 mill to sign cory with and keep both if necessary. I'd much rather lose ballard for nothing and keep both goalies than lose either goalie for nothing.

As someone who openly hates Luongo this just ticks me off even more. This team gave you a chance when yo were known as a goalie who was stubborn and was all about himself. This owner gave you a 4 year $28 million dollar deal even though you cried like a little girl when you were traded to Vancouver. He also set your family up by giving you a 12 year 60 million dollar deal. Coach V, for better or for worse (usually worse), let you be the starting goalie for 6 years and openly backed you up even though you played terrible and choaked in the playoffs on numerous occasions. And this is how you repay us? Seriously. Absolutely pathetic.

I hope Gillis calls his bluff and makes him the #2 goalie for a year. Once the boys at the Province and Vancouver Sun and the fans are done with embarrassing him he will cry to Toronto.

Luongo, he deserves nothing better than absolute humiliation.

As someone who openly hates Luongo the restricted trade demand just ticks me off even more. This team gave you a chance when yo were known as a goalie who was stubborn and was all about himself. This owner gave you a 4 year $28 million dollar deal even though you cried like a little girl when you were traded to Vancouver. He also set your family up by giving you a 12 year 60 million dollar deal. Coach V, for better or for worse (usually worse), let you be the starting goalie for 6 years and openly backed you up even though you played terrible and choaked in the playoffs on numerous occasions. And this is how you repay us? Seriously. Absolutely pathetic.

I hope Gillis calls his bluff and makes him the #2 goalie for a year. Once the boys at the Province and Vancouver Sun and the fans are done with embarrassing him he will cry to Toronto.

Luongo, deserves nothing better than absolute humiliation.

For all those purposing to trade Schneider instead, I think it's come a little too far (Lu getting benched for pivotal playoff games, all rumors of trades, etc) to bring Lu back as the starter. A message was definitely sent by starting Schneider in the LA series over Lu, and to have Lu start again this October would be very very awkward for everyone...

Last summer it was said that Schneider could have gotten us Jeff Carter. Imagine what he could get us now...

In my opinion, if we want to to win now we need to trade Schneider. He'll fetch us a good top 6 forward or a good top 4 defenseman.

Schneider to Winnipeg for Bogosian. He's a good young player who averaged 23:18 TOI a game and recorded 30 points (5G, 25A) in 65 games. Furthermore, he had 117 hits and blocked 109 shots. The 6'3" 215 pound defenseman is right handed and would hopefully be that defence partner we've been looking for for Edler.

Lu started this by saying he would be ok with a trade in the media. I believe MG was hoping to keep both. If he wants to play hardball then play hardball, he is under contract make him sit on the bench, If florida thinks they don't have to send anything of value for a top ten goalie then they will go without. If lou wants to limit the trade to one team giving that team complete leverage to offer nothing in return, enjoy the bench

As someone who openly hates Luongo this just ticks me off even more. This team gave you a chance when yo were known as a goalie who was stubborn and was all about himself. This owner gave you a 4 year $28 million dollar deal even though you cried like a little girl when you were traded to Vancouver. He also set your family up by giving you a 12 year 60 million dollar deal. Coach V, for better or for worse (usually worse), let you be the starting goalie for 6 years and openly backed you up even though you played terrible and choaked in the playoffs on numerous occasions. And this is how you repay us? Seriously. Absolutely pathetic.

Luongo, he deserves nothing better than absolute humiliation.

As someone who openly hates Luongo the restricted trade demand just ticks me off even more. This team gave you a chance when yo were known as a goalie who was stubborn and was all about himself. This owner gave you a 4 year $28 million dollar deal even though you cried like a little girl when you were traded to Vancouver. He also set your family up by giving you a 12 year 60 million dollar deal. Coach V, for better or for worse (usually worse), let you be the starting goalie for 6 years and openly backed you up even though you played terrible and choaked in the playoffs on numerous occasions. And this is how you repay us? Seriously. Absolutely pathetic.

This one seems to have some legs though. There are numerous people calling the guy who tweeted it (I forget his handle) reliable. Take that for what it's worth.

I think Lou has evey right, though, to invoke the NTC and decide exactly where he goes. He didn't want this situation. He didn't ask for this situation. All he did was answer a question that I'm sure he didn't want to be asked. AV kinda put him in this position.

He deserves to at least play for whomever he wants if he's going to be run out of town. This coming from me, an anti-Lou guy.

If this is true, I say, if a deal isn't logical for us, make him report next year. If he doesn't, suspend him without pay. Bring up Lack as a back up. Even if he does come back, Schneider is still our #1 and Lou sits on the bench. Humiliate him into opening up options. Let the fans speak. He will fold. He doesn't perform well under pressure. His arragance is part of what caused this, now deal with it.

lol, and people wonder why we have the most hated fanbase in the league.

Yeah, he hated coming here. That's why he carried our team on his back for 3 seasons, right? Oh boy, i bet he absolutely hated coming here and really solidifying his dominance on the league for 3 straight seasons. He's not all about himself, he just doesn't want to go to Toronto because the media would absolutely crush him.

Archived