The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

If this is true, I say, if a deal isn't logical for us, make him report next year. If he doesn't, suspend him without pay. Bring up Lack as a back up. Even if he does come back, Schneider is still our #1 and Lou sits on the bench. Humiliate him into opening up options. Let the fans speak. He will fold. He doesn't perform well under pressure. His arragance is part of what caused this, now deal with it.

As someone who openly hates Luongo this just ticks me off even more. This team gave you a chance when yo were known as a goalie who was stubborn and was all about himself. This owner gave you a 4 year $28 million dollar deal even though you cried like a little girl when you were traded to Vancouver. He also set your family up by giving you a 12 year 60 million dollar deal. Coach V, for better or for worse (usually worse), let you be the starting goalie for 6 years and openly backed you up even though you played terrible and choaked in the playoffs on numerous occasions. And this is how you repay us? Seriously. Absolutely pathetic.

I hope Gillis calls his bluff and makes him the #2 goalie for a year. Once the boys at the Province and Vancouver Sun and the fans are done with embarrassing him he will cry to Toronto.

Luongo, he deserves nothing better than absolute humiliation.

As someone who openly hates Luongo the restricted trade demand just ticks me off even more. This team gave you a chance when yo were known as a goalie who was stubborn and was all about himself. This owner gave you a 4 year $28 million dollar deal even though you cried like a little girl when you were traded to Vancouver. He also set your family up by giving you a 12 year 60 million dollar deal. Coach V, for better or for worse (usually worse), let you be the starting goalie for 6 years and openly backed you up even though you played terrible and choaked in the playoffs on numerous occasions. And this is how you repay us? Seriously. Absolutely pathetic.

I hope Gillis calls his bluff and makes him the #2 goalie for a year. Once the boys at the Province and Vancouver Sun and the fans are done with embarrassing him he will cry to Toronto.

Luongo, deserves nothing better than absolute humiliation.

If this is true, I say, if a deal isn't logical for us, make him report next year. If he doesn't, suspend him without pay. Bring up Lack as a back up. Even if he does come back, Schneider is still our #1 and Lou sits on the bench. Humiliate him into opening up options. Let the fans speak. He will fold. He doesn't perform well under pressure. His arragance is part of what caused this, now deal with it.

I think a trade with Florida could work quite well actually, aside from the fact that Luongo's family lives there. Dale Tallon is essentially still in rebuild mode down in Florida and will be apprehensive in trading young prospects and picks away. There are enough players on the Panthers roster that could fill in some holes here like Upshall (provided he waived his NMC), Kopecky, and Garrison (UFA). I don't see guys like Nick Bjugstad, Erik Gudbranson or Jonathan Huberdeau coming here though as they are all important pieces for the Panthers.

The Canucks may be interested in prospects and picks to even out the deal, but Gillis has said that he wants tangible assets in players that can help the team now. Florida could always use more vets to help their younger talent come along, but I'm sure they won't take any veteran players on with longer contracts. I'm not sure what players could be coming back from Florida if a trade was to go down but I was just trying to analyze the situations for both teams with this post. Hopefully someone can come up with something feasible based on what I've written up -- even though it's all a guess on my part.

This whole debate is getting extremely tiring. People who support Luongo have become incredibly sensitive and attack anyone who says something bad about Luongo and the Luongo haters are becoming extremists and are starting to get a bit ridiculous.

Gillis needs to make a decision one way or another SOON or we're in for a whole summer of this...

stop saying "us" - you are not a fan of Canucks, you just good at showing your arrogance and lack of hockey game knowledge.

Even your "this minute" favorite CS admits that Luongo did a lot for him ...

And speaking of "accountability" - first of all, respect contract. You signed it - be accountable ...

well a lot of info coming out today....seems as though Lu won't wave NTC for Toronto or Chicago. Sounds as though he is willing to go but possibly only to a team in Florida.....this will make a deal very difficult i think.

Archived