The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

winnipeg would be perfect for him, he has ex teammates, loving fans yet still with no pressure to do anything amazing, all he has to do is get them to the PS and he's god. plus we can ship Raymond and booth with him for kane and bogo in return!!!!!

Oh good ol' Burkie.

At beginning of interview he says: "Goaltending situation- if we can upgrade at a reasonable price, we're willing to look at that. But I don't need a goaltender until we play our first game. So it doesn't have to happen here (draft). I believe in the young goaltenders we have, we're prepared to go forward with them, this is not just posturing, we're prepared to not get a goaltender."

Later in interview when asked about most critical improvements that his teams needs this summer: 'Well for us, we've gotta look at the goaltending position to be improved. But those aren't needs I expect to address here (draft)".

So wait Burkie, you're prepared to go forward with Reimer and Scrivens, but you also have to improve your goaltending position? So confusing. This is why we shouldn't take anything seriously when it comes for a GM this time of yr. It's pure negotiation tactics.

Oh good ol' Burkie.

At beginning of interview he says: "Goaltending situation- if we can upgrade at a reasonable price, we're willing to look at that. But I don't need a goaltender until we play our first game. So it doesn't have to happen here (draft). I believe in the young goaltenders we have, we're prepared to go forward with them, this is not just posturing, we're prepared to not get a goaltender."

Later in interview when asked about most critical improvements that his teams needs this summer: 'Well for us, we've gotta look at the goaltending position to be improved. But those aren't needs I expect to address here (draft)".

So wait Burkie, you're prepared to go forward with Reimer and Scrivens, but you also have to improve your goaltending position? So confusing. This is why we shouldn't take anything seriously when it comes for a GM this time of yr. It's pure negotiation tactics.

MG will only trade Luongo to an Eastern conference team. He won't risk the Canucks having to face him in the playoffs. Imagine the crap storm that would rain down on him if we face Luongo in the 1st round and his team steam rolls us?

The only teams that make sense are Montreal, Tampa Bay, and Florida. MTL is out. That leaves Gillis to see which florida based team will give up the assets we need.

Archived